Full Metal Wrestling
 
HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 A look into the voting and scoring method.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Omega

avatar

Posts : 1680
Rep : -122
Join date : 2009-12-06
Age : 28
Location : Nashville

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Seth Omega
Championship: Abandoned Championship

PostSubject: Re: A look into the voting and scoring method.   Fri May 27, 2011 5:16 am

Penalties need to stay gone, losing votes is bad enough.

Plus penalizing someone for having a life is pretty shitty.
Back to top Go down
Damien
FMW World Tag Team Champion
FMW World Tag Team Champion


Posts : 583
Rep : 0
Join date : 2009-12-07
Age : 26
Location : Texas

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Damien Inferno
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: A look into the voting and scoring method.   Fri May 27, 2011 6:16 am

Simple, but well said, Seth.
Back to top Go down
Omega

avatar

Posts : 1680
Rep : -122
Join date : 2009-12-06
Age : 28
Location : Nashville

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Seth Omega
Championship: Abandoned Championship

PostSubject: Re: A look into the voting and scoring method.   Fri May 27, 2011 12:15 pm

Well I didn't feel like going all TL;DR on someone like everyone else.

Sure, it's nice to have people get their promos on time but now you're just crossing wires.

On a personal level I often find hard moments to get creative, then sometimes it clicks. I think having a penalty added on to someone adds more pressure and makes people think if they're late they might as well not show.
Back to top Go down
RCA
Full Metal Champion
Full Metal Champion


Posts : 3158
Rep : 6
Join date : 2009-12-05
Age : 29

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Chris Austin
Championship: FMW C-4 Champion, FMW World Tag Team Champion

PostSubject: Re: A look into the voting and scoring method.   Fri May 27, 2011 12:31 pm

Drew Michaels wrote:
Of course you are because, 99 out of 100 times, you go out of your way to find out when you are booked next and against whom in order to write your promo before the Voting and Promo Thread even gets posted. A penalty does nothing to you negatively and in fact benefits you because your opponent may show up late. The majority of the roster does not do that nor should they have to so they are the people affected by a penalty. <3 you though.

Actually, I have occasionally used a new strategy which primarily entails writing a story arc and adding in the match relevant parts later on down the line that coincides with the story arc portion.

But yeah, I do these things. Not sure how's it's a burn, RO, but yeah I could see that.

Maybe I would be more apt to hold off on posting so early but lately, I've been facing people that either show up late, don't show at all, or as Drew did, waits until the last possible pre-voting minute. I get too antsy.

Also, Mr. Dunn... having seen your votes and your explanation or whatever, I honestly think that any further gripe you have about this is null and void.

As far as Seth's point goes, if you have such a stock full life that in a two-week period once a month, you cannot be assed to find, say, 2-4 hours, if that to write up a solid promo (I would assume that most people could come up with a quality promo in that amount of time, provided an idea is present) then maybe e-fedding shouldn't be something that you do.

Not to say that it's wrong to "have a life", in fact it's encouraged. Hell, the only reason my promos are up so early is because I have bits and pieces of them written months in advance due to me getting inspired. I always have an hour or two in a day where I'm not doing anything.

But as far as this incentive for promoing early, the competitor in me says there is no incentive sweeter than a victory. The person in me is all, I don't see the point in rewarding people for showing up early.

I mean what are you gonna do? give people +.5 if their promo is up 5 days before voting starts and so on? That's an even bigger shitstorm than the penalty thing if you ask me, but other than that Steele had some valid points.

I also agree with TBM. I've lost BIG matches where I had the better promo (World Title, Mount V, UV title, C-4 title, you name it). I've lost title matches where I felt like my promo was rated lower than it should have been. Hell, in my estimation Drew indirectly cost me a title match because he said my opponent's promo "fucking killed" and given that Drew doesn't publicly praise ANY promo and to my knowledge he hasn't before or since that day
, I do feel votes
swung because of his comments.

Let them vote as they wish, so long as they pick me, LOL.

Alright, I'm done ranting, hopefully there's a point or two in this post.
Back to top Go down
MPD

avatar

Posts : 444
Rep : -18
Join date : 2011-01-02

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar:
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: A look into the voting and scoring method.   Sun May 29, 2011 8:56 am

RCA wrote:
Also, Mr. Dunn... having seen your votes and your explanation or whatever, I honestly think that any further gripe you have about this is null and void.

I disagree.

Rottata wrote:
Matthew, man up.

I'm still pissed off at you. Don't call me that.

(C WUT I DID THAR?)

Edit: This entire situation is hilarious. I hate you all. <3
Back to top Go down
Easty



Posts : 1273
Rep : 1
Join date : 2009-12-06
Age : 26
Location : Stoke-on-Trent, England

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Jack Eastwood
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: A look into the voting and scoring method.   Sun May 29, 2011 11:34 am

Complex problem, simple solution.

Get rid of V&P time, make the distinction and have promo time and then voting time. Not more butthurt over the whole "I lost votes" issue.
Back to top Go down
PX

avatar

Posts : 1424
Rep : 4
Join date : 2009-12-06

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: PX
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: A look into the voting and scoring method.   Sun May 29, 2011 12:25 pm

Easty wrote:
Complex problem, simple solution.

Get rid of V&P time, make the distinction and have promo time and then voting time. Not more butthurt over the whole "I lost votes" issue.

We had that before, an oh so long time ago. We changed over to give people an extra chance at showing up, and prevent more dead rubber matches I believe, but i dont remember the details that well.

_________________

Bringing back the archives, one show at a time

Dixie Carter wrote:
Just finished watching the LOST series. Better late than never. I am more lost than ever but loved it. Not everything needs to make sense.


PX: Longest Reigning TV Champion in FMW history (342 Days)
Back to top Go down
Drake Parker
FMW Television Champion
FMW Television Champion


Posts : 679
Rep : 0
Join date : 2010-09-01
Age : 24
Location : The Dark Side

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Drake Parker
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: A look into the voting and scoring method.   Sun May 29, 2011 2:59 pm

Yeah, I don't think that would help. I mean, if you show up during V&P time now, you might have lost votes, but at least you can still show up. Separating V&P would either massively increase the time it takes to get it done, (if you extend the promo period to the end of voting period and then add a voting period on top of that) or completely fuck over someone who is used to the V&P system (If you cut off the promo deadline at the start of the current V&P period).

I can't tell, was that even remotely coherent?
Back to top Go down
PX

avatar

Posts : 1424
Rep : 4
Join date : 2009-12-06

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: PX
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: A look into the voting and scoring method.   Sun May 29, 2011 4:49 pm

The time would be the same, currently it V&P period is 9 days, with 7 to promo, 2 to Vote and promo if you wish. Formerly you'd get 7 days to promo, and the following to just for voting, but with the thread still unlocked, people were trying to sneak promoes in, and it caused arguments over whether a promo was in or not if it was close to the deadline, and people argued about not knowing when the deadline was exactly from time zones differences and etcetera. I rather it the way it is now

_________________

Bringing back the archives, one show at a time

Dixie Carter wrote:
Just finished watching the LOST series. Better late than never. I am more lost than ever but loved it. Not everything needs to make sense.


PX: Longest Reigning TV Champion in FMW history (342 Days)
Back to top Go down
MPD

avatar

Posts : 444
Rep : -18
Join date : 2011-01-02

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar:
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: A look into the voting and scoring method.   Sun May 29, 2011 6:31 pm

My favorite part is when I voiced a concern with the way things seemed to be opperating, as a means to discuss and potentially rectify some issues,

And then my 'rep' plumits and I get more than a few people vote against me just because of this thread.

(Things I was expecting, if I'm honest. It goes to demonstrate my point well enough. Flawed system is flawed. How dare I point it out, amirite? As I said, it's my favorite bit.)
Back to top Go down
Omega

avatar

Posts : 1680
Rep : -122
Join date : 2009-12-06
Age : 28
Location : Nashville

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Seth Omega
Championship: Abandoned Championship

PostSubject: Re: A look into the voting and scoring method.   Sun May 29, 2011 6:50 pm

I think the reason you got voted against is this would qualify under the "dick move" card of starting a discussion about something like this during the voting period.
Back to top Go down
MPD

avatar

Posts : 444
Rep : -18
Join date : 2011-01-02

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar:
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: A look into the voting and scoring method.   Sun May 29, 2011 7:23 pm

How dare I.

Perhaps I should go and make my own e-fed because something happened I didn't like instead of trying to prompt a civil conversation with the community?
I could call it FIRE or something.

(The R is for Rasslin'. First Impact Rasslin' Entertainment.)
Back to top Go down
Drew Michaels
FMW President
FMW President


Posts : 937
Rep : 14
Join date : 2009-11-19

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Drew Michaels
Championship: C-4 Championship

PostSubject: Re: A look into the voting and scoring method.   Sun May 29, 2011 7:46 pm

MPD wrote:
My favorite part is when I voiced a concern with the way things seemed to be opperating, as a means to discuss and potentially rectify some issues,

And then my 'rep' plumits and I get more than a few people vote against me just because of this thread.

(Things I was expecting, if I'm honest. It goes to demonstrate my point well enough. Flawed system is flawed. How dare I point it out, amirite? As I said, it's my favorite bit.)



Nope, couldn't be that your opponent's promo was better or anything. That is a ridiculous piece of logic to grasp to, OBVIOUSLY everyone is voting against you because of this. Yep, not likely at all. [/sarcasm]
Back to top Go down
Edible14
Head Writer
Head Writer
avatar

Posts : 717
Rep : 6
Join date : 2009-12-06
Age : 29
Location : Bowling Green, OH

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Apostasy
Championship: Abandoned Championship

PostSubject: Re: A look into the voting and scoring method.   Sun May 29, 2011 8:55 pm

MPD wrote:
My favorite part is when I voiced a concern with the way things seemed to be opperating, as a means to discuss and potentially rectify some issues,

And then my 'rep' plumits and I get more than a few people vote against me just because of this thread.

(Things I was expecting, if I'm honest. It goes to demonstrate my point well enough. Flawed system is flawed. How dare I point it out, amirite? As I said, it's my favorite bit.)

I could have told you that would have happened. People don't like it when people question the voting, as everyone here votes. It does sniff of crying for votes and bitching because you think somebody slighted you.

If it's not clear, my vote was not intended to slight you. I've already pointed out why I voted that way. And when you quote my vote as part of your rant, as well as reference it in your actual votes and imply that you're just trolling with your vote because you're mad... people might take that as you being a dick. People might not want to vote for you then.

Drew is right, too. Even though I cast my vote before he wrote it, Damien's promo (I've read about half of it) is really quite good and does deserve to win. I can't speak for everyone, but I would say that if people were really voting based on promos... they got it right.

And the FIRE comment is beyond sad. Really? You're going to start bringing up old (though admittedly not that old) shit that isn't even related just so you can flame people? Really? That's not a civil conversation, as you claim to be striving for.
Back to top Go down
Bobino



Posts : 658
Rep : 4
Join date : 2009-12-05
Age : 31
Location : Chicopee, MA -AND- Daytona, FL

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Butters
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: A look into the voting and scoring method.   Sun May 29, 2011 10:32 pm

Ugh, can we close this discussion already?

Matt felt that saying you liked someone's other promo was a poor reason, and I can't really disagree.

Everyone else feels that bringing this up while V&P is open was not a good idea, and I can't say I disagree.

Now, we should agree to just move on, because quite frankly, the moment we start dictating how people can vote (even for stupid reasons.) then might as well stop voting.


_________________
Full Metal Wrestling's -NUMBER ONE- Draft Pick.
Butters' "Best Of..." Tournament Series - Tournament Two - Best Of... Villians



theomega311@gmail.com 11:51 pm
(11:51:32 PM): Buffalo is nowhere near New York.
Back to top Go down
MPD

avatar

Posts : 444
Rep : -18
Join date : 2011-01-02

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar:
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: A look into the voting and scoring method.   Mon May 30, 2011 7:31 am

BLARG DOUBLE POST.


Last edited by MPD on Mon May 30, 2011 10:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MPD

avatar

Posts : 444
Rep : -18
Join date : 2011-01-02

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar:
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: A look into the voting and scoring method.   Mon May 30, 2011 7:31 am

Drew Michaels wrote:
MPD wrote:
My favorite part is when I voiced a concern with the way things seemed to be opperating, as a means to discuss and potentially rectify some issues,

And then my 'rep' plumits and I get more than a few people vote against me just because of this thread.

(Things I was expecting, if I'm honest. It goes to demonstrate my point well enough. Flawed system is flawed. How dare I point it out, amirite? As I said, it's my favorite bit.)

Nope, couldn't be that your opponent's promo was better or anything. That is a ridiculous piece of logic to grasp to, OBVIOUSLY everyone is voting against you because of this. Yep, not likely at all. [/sarcasm]

I was refering to a few specific people sweetcheeks. I haven't had chance to read Damien's promo because I don't get much internet time over the weekend, but I know I was unhappy with what I posted. It's more than likely better. I can live with that.

Edible14 wrote:
MPD wrote:
My favorite part is when I voiced a concern with the way things seemed to be opperating, as a means to discuss and potentially rectify some issues,

And then my 'rep' plumits and I get more than a few people vote against me just because of this thread.

(Things I was expecting, if I'm honest. It goes to demonstrate my point well enough. Flawed system is flawed. How dare I point it out, amirite? As I said, it's my favorite bit.)

I could have told you that would have happened. People don't like it when people question the voting, as everyone here votes. It does sniff of crying for votes and bitching because you think somebody slighted you.

If it's not clear, my vote was not intended to slight you. I've already pointed out why I voted that way. And when you quote my vote as part of your rant, as well as reference it in your actual votes and imply that you're just trolling with your vote because you're mad... people might take that as you being a dick. People might not want to vote for you then.

Drew is right, too. Even though I cast my vote before he wrote it, Damien's promo (I've read about half of it) is really quite good and does deserve to win. I can't speak for everyone, but I would say that if people were really voting based on promos... they got it right.

And the FIRE comment is beyond sad. Really? You're going to start bringing up old (though admittedly not that old) shit that isn't even related just so you can flame people? Really? That's not a civil conversation, as you claim to be striving for.

I cast my votes as a further example of what I considered a flawed system. I considered the way you worded your justification as proof of a flawed system. I'm aware you cleared it up and all, and I have come to terms with that.

I'm sure you see the difference between; 'Damien's promo last time was good so I'm using that as a basis to vote' and 'I think Damien deserves a push.'

The FIRE comment was funny. If you can't laugh at yourselves then you live in a very sad world. And at it's very core, it's the same damn thing.

But apparently the days when I can poke fun at things like that are over. So my bad.

Macho Butters wrote:
Ugh, can we close this discussion already?

Matt felt that saying you liked someone's other promo was a poor reason, and I can't really disagree.

Everyone else feels that bringing this up while V&P is open was not a good idea, and I can't say I disagree.

Now, we should agree to just move on, because quite frankly, the moment we start dictating how people can vote (even for stupid reasons.) then might as well stop voting.


But I was going for the Blunder thread of 2011. =(
Back to top Go down
Rottata

avatar

Posts : 2317
Rep : 8
Join date : 2009-11-21
Age : 27
Location : Philippines

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Tiberius Jefferson / Romeo
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: A look into the voting and scoring method.   Mon May 30, 2011 7:36 am

Don't worry, you've already made it since the first post.

_________________
[quote="DalbySound"]So I got this e-mail telling me results are up, and I laughed at first, with a joke in my head about how long results take around here. Then I clicked on Ammunition, and was horrified to see I'd become a commentator, if only because old schoolers know how much I hate when other people write my character.

That said, not only was this a pretty solid show, but Dalby Sound was written to an effing T. Well done to all the writers, who to be honest wrote Dalby better than I used to. lol

Kudos gentlefolk. Kudos.[/quote]
Back to top Go down
http://romoran.wordpress.com
Nicholas Gray
FMW World Tag Team Champion
FMW World Tag Team Champion
avatar

Posts : 1222
Rep : 19
Join date : 2009-11-22
Age : 24

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Nicholas Gray
Championship: FMW Tag Team Championship

PostSubject: Re: A look into the voting and scoring method.   Mon May 30, 2011 8:54 am

Man, Nick 1's computer problems must be terrible, there's no way he'd miss this thread.

_________________
Quote :
thenickbryson 7:13 pm
do you ever wish you could lick your own balls
Back to top Go down
iDeAndes



Posts : 1078
Rep : -13
Join date : 2010-02-20
Age : 28
Location : California

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: RAMPAGE!
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: A look into the voting and scoring method.   Mon May 30, 2011 10:17 am

You know what's annoying? Morning wood. I have a full on chub right now and nothing to stick it in.
Back to top Go down
MPD

avatar

Posts : 444
Rep : -18
Join date : 2011-01-02

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar:
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: A look into the voting and scoring method.   Mon May 30, 2011 10:30 am

Rottata wrote:
Don't worry, you've already made it since the first post.

Fuck yeah, Seaking.

iDeAndes wrote:
You know what's annoying? Morning wood. I have a full on chub right now and nothing to stick it in.

I can imagine.
Back to top Go down
iDeAndes



Posts : 1078
Rep : -13
Join date : 2010-02-20
Age : 28
Location : California

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: RAMPAGE!
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: A look into the voting and scoring method.   Mon May 30, 2011 10:44 am

Alright Matteh. It's broken. And? So is the American democratic process. It certainly may not be palatable for everyone or even seem fair at times but it works (to a degree) and to tamper with it in the manner in which you're suggesting is simply going to cause an area of complaint that is wholly unnecessary. People are going to vote how they're going to vote. End of story. Same thing applies for all the dipshits who voted Arnold Schwarzenegger into office and now my state is even more in debt from the coupled assrape of a market collapse and overzealous spending.

Point is this. If you're going to complain, show me something more than just complaints and half-assed solutions.
Back to top Go down
Edible14
Head Writer
Head Writer
avatar

Posts : 717
Rep : 6
Join date : 2009-12-06
Age : 29
Location : Bowling Green, OH

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Apostasy
Championship: Abandoned Championship

PostSubject: Re: A look into the voting and scoring method.   Mon May 30, 2011 11:57 am

Nicholas Gray wrote:
Man, Nick 1's computer problems must be terrible, there's no way he'd miss this thread.

I just dropped off his computer yesterday. Depends on how fast he can get it fixed/shipped. My guess is that it'll be about a week.

Anyway, I've said more than my piece on this. I vote "let the thread die".
Back to top Go down
MPD

avatar

Posts : 444
Rep : -18
Join date : 2011-01-02

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar:
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: A look into the voting and scoring method.   Mon May 30, 2011 12:14 pm

iDeAndes wrote:
Alright Matteh. It's broken. And? So is the American democratic process. It certainly may not be palatable for everyone or even seem fair at times but it works (to a degree) and to tamper with it in the manner in which you're suggesting is simply going to cause an area of complaint that is wholly unnecessary. People are going to vote how they're going to vote. End of story. Same thing applies for all the dipshits who voted Arnold Schwarzenegger into office and now my state is even more in debt from the coupled assrape of a market collapse and overzealous spending.

Point is this. If you're going to complain, show me something more than just complaints and half-assed solutions.

Don't push your faulty democratic process on me. It's not my fault your people pushed for independence.

Also, not sure how you do it over there, but it's my right as an Englishman to complain about things. That and drink tea.

And I'm all out of tea.
Back to top Go down
Damien
FMW World Tag Team Champion
FMW World Tag Team Champion


Posts : 583
Rep : 0
Join date : 2009-12-07
Age : 26
Location : Texas

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Damien Inferno
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: A look into the voting and scoring method.   Mon May 30, 2011 12:34 pm

At least our form of government isn't (quite as) out of date as yours. I mean, you still have a queen. Smile
Back to top Go down
Easty



Posts : 1273
Rep : 1
Join date : 2009-12-06
Age : 26
Location : Stoke-on-Trent, England

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Jack Eastwood
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: A look into the voting and scoring method.   Mon May 30, 2011 12:36 pm

Nothing wrong with Lizzie.
Back to top Go down
Damien
FMW World Tag Team Champion
FMW World Tag Team Champion


Posts : 583
Rep : 0
Join date : 2009-12-07
Age : 26
Location : Texas

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Damien Inferno
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: A look into the voting and scoring method.   Mon May 30, 2011 12:44 pm

Didn't say there was. But how many other monarchs are there in the world?
Back to top Go down
MPD

avatar

Posts : 444
Rep : -18
Join date : 2011-01-02

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar:
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: A look into the voting and scoring method.   Mon May 30, 2011 12:59 pm

Four or five.
Back to top Go down
iDeAndes



Posts : 1078
Rep : -13
Join date : 2010-02-20
Age : 28
Location : California

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: RAMPAGE!
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: A look into the voting and scoring method.   Mon May 30, 2011 1:57 pm

I haven't rated in a while. So I'm not quite sure how that works. The best way to fix the voting discrepancy (if there is one..which I don't believe there is) is the process in rating rather than voting. People aren't going to be completely objective in their voting process, Matteh. It's a popularity contest at the end of the day. Whoever sucks off the mob the hardest generally wins based on votes. You aren't going to win based on a popularity contest because..well..you've been far too influenced in the MalfCo way of how the internet works. For those that don't know in MalfCo, whomever is the biggest dick generally gets the best results. People hate you for it (generally the crowd that believes that everything should be happy, gay, and everyone should just "get along"..which is ultimately a fallacy because the internet gives you the ability to suddenly grow a pair..remember that its easier to talk shit about someone behind the safety of a keyboard e.g. Skyler Striker has AIDS, Matt Dunn wants my dick, ect.).

It's up to the staff to balance that out with objectivity and reasons for their rating (thus a guideline for that rating).

Create a guideline. Specific things a "perfect" promo should have. We've been doing this for awhile so it shouldn't be hard to come up with something agreeable to all parties what the parameters are for a good promo. Criteria and an accumulative median score will be the BEST way to to combat any complaints about voting.
Back to top Go down
Omega

avatar

Posts : 1680
Rep : -122
Join date : 2009-12-06
Age : 28
Location : Nashville

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Seth Omega
Championship: Abandoned Championship

PostSubject: Re: A look into the voting and scoring method.   Mon May 30, 2011 2:37 pm

Why would we try to fix a system to rate promos FMW fans never see?

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: A look into the voting and scoring method.   

Back to top Go down
 
A look into the voting and scoring method.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» technique or groove
» SH Shirts voting contest (exclusive for SCANDAL Asia Tour S'pore)
» Count ZERO | Runners high Banner Contest Voting Group A

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Full Metal Wrestling :: Full Metal Wrestling E-Fed :: BACKSTAGE :: Out of Character-
Jump to: