Full Metal Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full Metal Wrestling

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FMW SIGN-UP COMMANDMENTS

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

Rep : 11

FMW SIGN-UP COMMANDMENTS Empty
PostSubject: FMW SIGN-UP COMMANDMENTS   FMW SIGN-UP COMMANDMENTS I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 3:24 am

THE FMW SIGN-UP COMMANDMENTS

Updated: April 28th, 2011

Welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to the finest e-fedding establishment ever created. Now, my opinion may be slightly biased, but let's just call it fact and move on. We are extremely privileged to have you here, and dare I say it, you are extremely privileged to have found us. Arrogance aside, I'm here to give you a crash course in the workings of the fed to help you ease into being a participant in Full Metal Wrestling. And since I haven't properly introduced myself, I'm Andrew, though most people call me Sleg or Slegna. Anyways, moving on!

Before we get started with filling out the sign-up form, I'll introduce you to the leaders of FMW, the ones who keep things going. Of course, over 50% of the regular participants are all on staff in some way, but these 3 men are the ones who do the heavy lifting. First off is Drew aka Headbanger, the head honcho of FMW. He is the boss's boss and once you get past his angry exterior he's quite nice and cuddly. Sometimes. Next in line are the Head Writers of each show. On Ammunition we have Nick Bryson, and Corruption has Romeo. If you have any questions, feel free to shoot them a PM and they will be happy to answer any questions. The same applies to myself, or really, anybody else in the fed. If they can't answer your question, they'll try their best or direct you to someone who can.

One last bureaucratic thing before we get to the nitty gritty. Participation is key. I'll say it again since it's important- Participation is key. You won't be booked on shows unless you prove you're active by trash talking in the current shows' trash talking thread. Not that hard, right?

Alright. So, you want to sign up and be a participant in Full Metal Wrestling. Glad to hear it. FMW prides itself on being a fed with writing of a higher caliber, but also on its neatness and graphical quality. This starts with how wrestler information is laid out in the roster thread. The very info that you are about to post will be placed in that same thread once you get picked up on a brand (because you'll be participating immediately after you sign up, right?). The easy thing is that you get code already written out for you, all you need to do is enter your info. For example, you'll get something like this:

Code:
[color=purple][b]Name:[/b][/color]

Obviously, this line is where you enter the name of your wrestler. But how? When entered, it shouldn't look like these examples:

Name: Slegnadamus

Rather, it should look just like this:

Simple, right? Excellent. If you don't fill out the template exactly like the last example, I'll make you redo it. So get it right the first time.

Now, we'll go through the sign up process. I would recommend reading this while you sign up, but it's your preference. The first part if the sign up is basic information.

Code:
[size=17][color=purple][b]Stats[/b][/color][/size]
[list][*] [color=purple][b]Name:[/b][/color]
[*] [color=purple][b]Age:[/b][/color]
[*] [color=purple][b]Height:[/b][/color] 0'0"
[*] [color=purple][b]Weight:[/b][/color] 000 lbs[/list]

You have your wrestler's name, age, height and weight, pretty simple. It's pretty hard to fuck it up at this point. Note that these should be filled out the same way as your name in the previous example. Next is a little more in depth info on your wrestler:

Code:
[color=purple][size=17][b]Background Info[/b][/size][/color]
[list][*] [color=purple][b]Billed From:[/b][/color] Location
[*] [color=purple][b]Additional Billing Info:[/b][/color] Nicknames, etc (Prefix, Suffix, In the middle)
[*] [color=purple][b]Alignment:[/b][/color] Face/Heel
[*] [color=purple][b]Affiliation:[/b][/color]
[*] [color=purple][b]Biography:[/b][/color] Self Explanatory
[*] [color=purple][b]Trophy Showcase:[/b][/color][/list]

Still pretty standard. It starts with two basic points of information, where your wrestler is billed from, and any nicknames he might have. If your wrestler has any nicknames, be sure to clarify whether it goes in the middle, is a prefix, or a suffix.

The alignment is also rather simple. Is he a face or a heel? Since being a tweener marks you as a morally ambiguous pussy, we've narrowed it down to the two aforementioned options. And really, it's not necessarily a bad thing. In my 4+ years experience in e-fedding, starting out as a tweener means you'll easily get left behind, since no one cares about your character. Pick a side. Also of note, don't be a "Face with Heel tendencies". Like, 4srs. That's just stupid. So, to recap: you have two options. Face or Heel.

Affiliation should more than likely be left blank to start, unless you're signing up as a tag team/stable with someone. Biography gives everyone a background on your character, so go wild. Not too wild though, else people will be "tl;dr" and not care. Trophy showcase should also be left blank. Quite frankly we couldn't care less if you were the so and so champion in the so and so fed.

While the last two sections have defined your character, this last section defines his style:

Code:
[size=17][color=purple][b]Wrestling Info[/b][/color][/size]
[list][*] [color=purple][b]Entrance Theme:[/b][/color] [b]Band Name[/b] - [i]"Song Name"[/i]
[*] [color=purple][b]Entrance:[/b][/color]
[*] [color=purple][b]Wrestling Style(s):[/b][/color]
[*] [color=purple][b]Primary Finisher:[/b][/color] [b]Name[/b] - Description
[*] [color=purple][b]Secondary Finisher(s):[/b][/color]
[list][*] [b]Name[/b] - Description
[*] [b]Name[/b] - Description[/list]
[*] [b][color=purple]Moveset:[/color][/b] (Which moves would you like to see your character pull off?)
[list][*][b]Signature Move Name[/b] - Description
[*]Regular move description[/list]
[*] [color=purple][b]High Spots:[/b][/color] Will/Only in high profile matches/Won't
[*][color=purple][b]Will:[/b][/color]
[list][*]What will your character do?[/list]
[*][color=purple][b]Won't:[/b][/color]
[list][*]What will your character not do?[/list]
[*][color=purple][b]Base picture:[/b][/color]  Self explanatory[/list]

Entrance theme is pretty self explanatory, fill in the song name and the artist within the coding given. With the Entrance line, give us a rough idea of what your character does coming down to the ring. Don't go into too much detail, let the match writers figure that out. The primary finisher is pretty easy, give it a name and describe it. The secondary finishers are pretty simple too. The coding is already there, just add in your own stuff. However, there is a catch. You may not have more than two secondary finishers. No exceptions. Don't add more, under any circumstances. Clear? Excellent.

The moveset is also pretty self explanatory. Add more bullet points by starting a new line and adding "[*]" at the beginning (without the quotes of course). The movesets have a catch, too. There should be nothing that looks remotely like a finisher in your general moveset. These should just be regular moves, and here's three reasons why. 1, it will make me angry. You won't like me when I'm angry. 2, it makes you look like a gigantic tool, and you don't want people's first impression of you to be that you're a gigantic tool. And 3, your character will look weak if your opponents end up kicking out of high powered moves that are listed as part of your regular moveset. In case this isn't quite clear yet: here's a pop quiz.

Should a Vertebreaker be listed as a regular move? How about a Reverse STO?

Answer: No. If it's been used as a finisher before, it probably shouldn't be listed as a Regular move, for the reasons listed above. Maybe a few submissions are an exception to this rule, but if you think it's borderline, don't do it.

High Spots is for whether you'll go up to the top rope, do springboard maneuvers, etc. The "Only in high profile matches" option is if your character will only do high spots in matches where a lot is on the line. Will and Won't is pretty easy to figure out; what will and what won't your character do. It's the perfect place to list miscellaneous wrestling info about your character that you couldn't find a spot for in any of the earlier categories.

It should be noted that many people list "Tap out, So-and-so would rather pass out than tap" under Won't. I want you to think about that for a second. Then, if you were considering writing that down for your character, slap yourself as hard as you possibly can. Do you know how stupid that sounds? There are reasons why MMA fighters tap, that's because they'll probably lose their limbs if they don't tap out. It's not an issue of pride here, it's an issue of stupidity. Besides, if you want to go ahead and put that down as part of your info, the writers of your eventual match will probably have you tapping out to a wristlock.

And finally, the base pic. When De makes an awesome roster pic for you (once you've signed up and participated) this picture is what will represent your character. For a general idea of what is taken, the most updated roster list can be found here. Please do not find some random jpeg on Google search, try finding a pre-cut picture on psd-dreams.net. AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, EDGE IS TAKEN. FOREVER.

Lastly, the most important part to the sign up template:

Code:
[list][*] [color=purple][b]Did you read the Sign-Up Commandments?:[/b][/color] [/list]

Since you're here, you can mark this with a resounding "Yes"! Congratulations! Review your sign up for typos (or else) and submit! Then you can start participating and make yourself a true member of the Full Metal Wrestling Community!

Thanks for reading,
Sleg

Last edited by Slegna on Thu Apr 28, 2011 3:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

Rep : 11

FMW SIGN-UP COMMANDMENTS Empty
PostSubject: Re: FMW SIGN-UP COMMANDMENTS   FMW SIGN-UP COMMANDMENTS I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 3:25 am

Here is the code to copy/paste into your post for signing up. Please read the above manifesto first before filling out the template. Alternatively, you may fill the template out as you read the above, but do read it anyways, we'll be able to tell if you didn't. Enjoy!

Code:
[size=17][color=purple][b]Stats[/b][/color][/size]
[list][*] [color=purple][b]Name:[/b][/color]
[*] [color=purple][b]Age:[/b][/color]
[*] [color=purple][b]Height:[/b][/color] 0'0"
[*] [color=purple][b]Weight:[/b][/color] 000lbs[/list]

[color=purple][size=17][b]Background Info[/b][/size][/color]
[list][*] [color=purple][b]Billed From:[/b][/color] Location
[*] [color=purple][b]Additional Billing Info:[/b][/color] Nicknames, etc (Prefix, Suffix, In the middle)
[*] [color=purple][b]Alignment:[/b][/color] Face/Heel
[*] [color=purple][b]Affiliation:[/b][/color]
[*] [color=purple][b]Biography:[/b][/color] Self Explanatory
[*] [color=purple][b]Trophy Showcase:[/b][/color][/list]
[size=17][color=purple][b]Wrestling Info[/b][/color][/size]
[list][*] [color=purple][b]Entrance Theme:[/b][/color] [b]Band Name[/b] - [i]"Song Name"[/i]
[*] [color=purple][b]Entrance:[/b][/color]
[*] [color=purple][b]Wrestling Style(s):[/b][/color]
[*] [color=purple][b]Primary Finisher:[/b][/color] [b]Name[/b] - Description
[*] [color=purple][b]Secondary Finisher(s):[/b][/color]
[list][*] [b]Name[/b] - Description
[*] [b]Name[/b] - Description[/list]
[*] [b][color=purple]Moveset:[/color][/b] (Which moves would you like to see your character pull off?)
[list][*][b]Signature Move Name[/b] - Description
[*]Regular move description[/list]
[*] [color=purple][b]High Spots:[/b][/color] Will/Only in high profile matches/Won't
[*][color=purple][b]Will:[/b][/color]
[list][*]What will your character do?[/list]
[*][color=purple][b]Won't:[/b][/color]
[list][*]What will your character not do?[/list]
[*][color=purple][b]Base picture:[/b][/color]  Self explanatory[/list]

[list][*] [color=purple][b]Did you read the Sign-Up Commandments?:[/b][/color] [/list]
Back to top Go down

FMW SIGN-UP COMMANDMENTS
Page 1 of 1