Full Metal Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full Metal Wrestling

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wrestlemania XXVII

Go down 
+5
MPD
The Celt
RCA
Nicholas Gray
Slegna
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

Rep : 11

Wrestlemania XXVII Empty
PostSubject: Wrestlemania XXVII   Wrestlemania XXVII I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 6:45 pm

So, who's watching this? I think I'll be streaming most of it. If enough people are online, we can do a live discussion in here, or we may just do the same over AIM.

Either way, who's excited?
Back to top Go down
Nicholas Gray
FMW World Tag Team Champion
FMW World Tag Team Champion
Nicholas Gray

Rep : 19

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Nicholas Gray
Championship: FMW Tag Team Championship

Wrestlemania XXVII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania XXVII   Wrestlemania XXVII I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 7:20 pm

Didn't get it after all, and won't be streaming it either since I gotta finish this match. Fucking whee.
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

Wrestlemania XXVII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania XXVII   Wrestlemania XXVII I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 7:31 pm

I have a link for you once you're done writing.
Back to top Go down
RCA
Full Metal Champion
Full Metal Champion

Rep : 6

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Chris Austin
Championship: FMW C-4 Champion, FMW World Tag Team Champion

Wrestlemania XXVII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania XXVII   Wrestlemania XXVII I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 8:50 pm

I'm watching.
Back to top Go down
The Celt

The Celt

Rep : 4

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Celtykins
Championship:

Wrestlemania XXVII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania XXVII   Wrestlemania XXVII I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 9:23 pm

>No DB vs Sheamus
>Corre vs Faces gets 3 minutes
>Cole over Lawler via DQ

This WM is bringing me down man. Rhodes/Mysterio wasn't as good as I was hoping either Sad

Good thing I have booze

Also, it appear HHH/Taker is going on before Snookiemania
Back to top Go down
RCA
Full Metal Champion
Full Metal Champion

Rep : 6

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Chris Austin
Championship: FMW C-4 Champion, FMW World Tag Team Champion

Wrestlemania XXVII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania XXVII   Wrestlemania XXVII I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 9:30 pm

Word.
Back to top Go down
MPD

MPD

Rep : -18

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar:
Championship:

Wrestlemania XXVII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania XXVII   Wrestlemania XXVII I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 9:51 pm

Punk/Orton was good,

Unfortunately, that was where my stream went down so I spent a lot of time during that match trying to find a new one and missed the turning point. =/

Post Taker/HHH edit:

Highlight for spoilers.
HELLS GATE HELLS GATE HELLS GATE
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

Wrestlemania XXVII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania XXVII   Wrestlemania XXVII I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 10:10 pm

I'm saying it now, and I'm sure I'll get flak for it.

HHH/'Taker was boring.
Back to top Go down
MPD

MPD

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar:
Championship:

Wrestlemania XXVII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania XXVII   Wrestlemania XXVII I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 10:14 pm

=O
Back to top Go down
The Celt

The Celt

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

Wrestlemania XXVII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania XXVII   Wrestlemania XXVII I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 10:24 pm

HHH/Taker was fine considering we all knew who'd win it.

Also; SNOOKI FINISH OUT OF NOWHERE!

EDIT: MARKING OUT FOR MIZ'S VIDEO PACKAGE
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

Wrestlemania XXVII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania XXVII   Wrestlemania XXVII I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 10:28 pm

Here's how I explained it to Sean over Facebook:

Quote :
Meh, it wasn't great. For twenty minutes it was as follows:

1. Finisher from HHH.
2. Pin attempt and kick out
3. Yelling and heavy breathing.
4. More waiting around and doing jack shit.
5. Repeat.

And then when he asked whether it was a typical match...

Quote :
Not really. Most matches aren't that repetitive and boring. People will only like it because of the names in the match.

When CM Punk and Samoa Joe had their epic 1 hour matches (I know I'm comparing apples to oranges with WWE and ROH), if they had pulled that shit it would've been booed out of the fucking building.

That of course, isn't saying that HHH and 'Taker don't deserve that respect. I just don't think it was a quality match.

I just wasn't impressed.

In other news: Vinnie Mac needs to get on the ball and give Snooki a contract. She'll generate ratings, plus she's not bad. In fact, she's better than most of the other Divas.

Also looking forward to Miz/Cena a lot. Should be really great, and that's not even factoring in possible involvement from Rocky.
Back to top Go down
MPD

MPD

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar:
Championship:

Wrestlemania XXVII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania XXVII   Wrestlemania XXVII I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 10:32 pm

Loving this DMX right here.
Back to top Go down
The Celt

The Celt

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

Wrestlemania XXVII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania XXVII   Wrestlemania XXVII I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 11:00 pm

WTFamania gentlemen.

WTF everywhere.
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

Wrestlemania XXVII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania XXVII   Wrestlemania XXVII I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 11:08 pm

I missed the end, my feed died just as Cena and Miz were counted out. I'll torrent the show to fill in the missing pieces. Anyway, meh show, it could've been so much better.
Back to top Go down
The Celt

The Celt

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

Wrestlemania XXVII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania XXVII   Wrestlemania XXVII I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 11:09 pm

What you missed was the WWE having Rock quarter-bury Cena and Miz.
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

Wrestlemania XXVII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania XXVII   Wrestlemania XXVII I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 11:14 pm

As long as he sticks around (at the very least to finish the storyline, and at best forever) I'm fine with that.
Back to top Go down
Easty

Rep : 1

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Jack Eastwood
Championship:

Wrestlemania XXVII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania XXVII   Wrestlemania XXVII I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 12:05 am

Well, I'm not.

Taker/HHH was underwhelming, the WHC match was trash, fuck Snooki, and the WWE championship match ending was shit.
Back to top Go down
The Celt

The Celt

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

Wrestlemania XXVII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania XXVII   Wrestlemania XXVII I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 12:07 am

Easty wrote:
fuck Snooki

Y[pi talking mad trash about mah girl Snooks?

Come at ME bro, Come at ME bro!
Back to top Go down
Leon Caprice

Rep : -3

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Leon Caprice
Championship: FMW Undisputed Tag Team Champions

Wrestlemania XXVII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania XXVII   Wrestlemania XXVII I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 12:54 am

Watching Mania was highly underwhelming.

The WHC match being first was a sucker punch to the two guys and without any special entrances it just came across as lame. I expected more...

Rey vs Rhodes was LOLTASTIC simply because Rey was dressed in Captain America colors and that alone made the match passable, and good to see Cody get the win.

The Tag Team match was beyond sad. Sure it was Santino's first wrestlemania but the match did nothing for no-one. The Corre look like pussies, the match stayed formal for a whole 2 minutes and they did nothing to help Kane and Big show who by leading an entrance together might be re-forming.

Orton vs Punk was a decent showing, both men worked it well but I hated the ending. Punk narrowly dodged a RKO so what does he do? He mounts the turnbuckle and gets hit with an RKO. Seriously, take a page out of Orton's book and work down the limbs of your opponent. Soured the match for me.

The Mixed Tag Team match was the worst match of the night. No real Morrison vs Ziggler face off which seemed like the strong point of the match and it finished with Snookie doing the Vickie-like Drop! Calling it now. She is as believeable as Vickie in the ring and the only thing that makes them different is she is a face and has a background in gymnastics. The flips ended with McCool pushing into her back to make it look believeable because Snooki didn't even lift an elbow for contact.

The Cole vs King match was simply Meh. Everyone wanted the King standing tall moment to rejoice in victory, but not only did the match somehow get reversed after the ref's decision, but both Stone Cold and Booker T (Spinaroonie was nice Smile) took his spotlight. Oh and why did Josh Matthews get Stunner'd?? Don't kill the messenger much.

Taker vs HHH was nice to start but I fear they went beyond the realms of believable. When wrestlers like Orton and Cena only take one Pedigree to lay limp, The Undertaker took 3 Pedigrees and his own signiture Tombstone and still managed to kick out. And the end... What happened to the RIP Tombstone Piledriver 19-0 moment. Instead we had two dead bodies in the ring while fireworks were going off and no celebration from Taker who almost looked dead afterwards. Why HHH walked off and Taker died was beyond me, and the after match when on for tooooooo long.

Cena vs Miz, I won a block of chocolate off of Skyler for this, Picked Miz to win and he did exactly that. Predicted Rock to come in sooner and saw the Ref getting hit AR too, but the ending was weird. I thought The Rock was wanting to challenge The Miz when he started beating him up. Overall left a RAW feeling ending with so many questions to be answered. (Isn't Wrestlemania when all the questions are answered and nothing but WOW endings happens?)

Anyway overall disappointed with it, basically started with no MitB and ended with the Rock taking over.

Mark out Moment: The Rock & Austin stare off.

Keyfabe broken moment: Hornswoggle spoke...well rapped with the Bella twins dancing.

Best line of the night: *JR on Morrison's slowmo entrance* I can do slowmo too, you should see me in my backyard walking.
Back to top Go down
Rottata

Rottata

Rep : 8

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Tiberius Jefferson / Romeo
Championship:

Wrestlemania XXVII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania XXVII   Wrestlemania XXVII I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 5:25 am

I won't disagree with your points, save for this one thing.

Leon Caprice wrote:
Taker vs HHH was nice to start but I fear they went beyond the realms of believable. When wrestlers like Orton and Cena only take one Pedigree to lay limp, The Undertaker took 3 Pedigrees and his own signiture Tombstone and still managed to kick out.

Have you forgotten Taker's gimmick? He's not designed to be superhuman.
Back to top Go down
http://romoran.wordpress.com
Osbeorht9

Rep : 0

Wrestlemania XXVII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania XXVII   Wrestlemania XXVII I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 5:04 am

Some quick questions about Wrestlemania XXVII (27)?
1) Who will you be watching Wrestlemania XXVII (27) with (if anyone)?

2) Where will you be watching it?

3) How will you be watching it?

4) (And most importantly) Why will you be watching it?

Answer all four questions to try and win Best Answer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wrestlemania XXVII Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wrestlemania XXVII   Wrestlemania XXVII I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wrestlemania XXVII
Page 1 of 1