Full Metal Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full Metal Wrestling

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pokemon Black/White

Go down 
+14
Easty
Valladon
Storm183
Jeff
War Machine
Jaro Classic
Nicholas Gray
PX
Tromboner Man
Slegna
Omega
Nick Dream
Rottata
MPD
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
MPD

MPD

Rep : -18

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar:
Championship:

Pokemon Black/White Empty
PostSubject: Pokemon Black/White   Pokemon Black/White I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 9:32 pm

You know you're playing it.
Back to top Go down
Rottata

Rottata

Rep : 8

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Tiberius Jefferson / Romeo
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Pokemon Black/White I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 9:51 pm

Waiting for a respectable ROM.
Back to top Go down
http://romoran.wordpress.com
Nick Dream

Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Pokemon Black/White I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 10:34 pm

I don't know whether to buy it now, or wait for the third addition that we all know will be coming. Pokemon Gray probably. Though I am interested in the idea of no previous Pokemon until after the National Dex, if I heard correctly.
Back to top Go down
MPD

MPD

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar:
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Pokemon Black/White I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 10:51 pm

Nick Dream wrote:
I don't know whether to buy it now, or wait for the third addition that we all know will be coming. Pokemon Gray probably. Though I am interested in the idea of no previous Pokemon until after the National Dex, if I heard correctly.

A) They've said they're not doing a Pokemon Gray.
B) You have heard correctly.
Back to top Go down
Omega

Omega

Rep : -122

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Seth Omega
Championship: Abandoned Championship

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Pokemon Black/White I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2011 11:23 pm

Actually the third Pokemon in the series is going to be called Pokemon Mulatto.
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

Rep : 11

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Pokemon Black/White I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 12:31 am

? wrote:
A) They've said they're not doing a Pokemon Gray.

These rumors were apparently debunked, or at the very least, the possibility of there being a third game was left open. I'd love to see a version developed around Kyurem though.

Two things I've noticed about the game so far.

A. The menu system was better in HeartGold and SoulSilver. I'm not a fan of how it looks/works right now.
B. Compared to previous games, the wild Pokemon and trainers' Pokemon level up so much quicker. I feel as though I just have to run around in the tall grass to make my team even somewhat competitive. Fuck Exp. grinding. I do enjoy the increased difficulty level though.

P.S. Motherfucking Smugleaf. Dude's a boss.

EDIT: I'd also like to mention that the player's mom knows her place in this game. You make a mess, she cleans up. Now, if there was only an option for her to make you a sandwich as well.
Back to top Go down
Tromboner Man
FMW C-4 Champion
FMW C-4 Champion
Tromboner Man

Rep : 15

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Christian G. Smitten
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Pokemon Black/White I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 8:36 am

I agree completely on the new menu layout. It's just very awkward. On the flip side, the new system for registering items runs much smoother. I'm loving I can turn on the Dousing Machine, and just leave it, and it doesn't turn off going between battles, into buildings, etc.

I'm also liking the fact that TMs are being treated like HMs and they never break. Reusing them again and again is great, and saving the HMs for those "undeleteable" moves. It works much better.

The graphics though were definitely NOT thought of for the DSLite. If you want to play it, you will need a bigger screened DS to appreciate the graphics upgrade. I'm going to stick with my trusty DS Lite, mainly because I don't want to upgrade for the sake of upgrading. There's a rumor going around that it has 3D aspects when played on the 3DS, but I don't know how much truth their is to that rumor.

The increased difficulty level is fantastic too. While Heart Gold/Soul Silver didn't get challenging until you hit Kanto (and even then, it was a breeze), things level up so quickly. Big change in pace.

Another thing I've picked up is while it feels like a Pokemon game, it doesn't as well. The core feels familiar, but it plays a lot nicer and smoother than previous incarnations. It really does feel very fresh, and that probably has to do with the Unova Dex being so separate to the National Dex.

Very fun game.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/trombonerman
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Pokemon Black/White I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 2:23 pm

The Dowsing Machine in this game is handy, though HG/SS's itemfinder wasn't bad. Definitely not liking the menu system, especially when the C-Gear is on, it's all bright and flashy and distracting.

As for the DSLite, I think I have the same "problem" as you, Ben. It still looks fantastic, though.

Onto less criticizing things, how's everybody's game coming? Mine's going a bit slower than usual do the aforementioned increased difficulty level/need for Exp. grinding. I have 3 badges in about 4 and a half hours of work.

I'd also like to mention that it seems as though Nintendo anticipated the need for lots of extra wild Pokemon battles, since there are a lot of people along routes that will heal your Pokemon for you. The Preschool teacher on Route 3, the Nurse at the entrance to Pinwheel Forest, and the dude in the house on route 4.

EDIT: Did I miss the chance to pick up a Fishing Rod somewhere along the way? Panpour and Tympole just aren't cutting it for me, both of those Pokemon are ass.
Back to top Go down
PX

PX

Rep : 4

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: PX
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Pokemon Black/White I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 2:57 pm

Smugleaf sucks. Serperior doesn't learn a single useful move at all, he's just piss. Oshawott is the best starter, when he's fully evolved he's definitely the best. Tepig is quite good also, Emboerr has the novelty of being the only non water pokemon to learn Boiling Water (minus smeargle of course).

In competitive terms, Reuniculus is definitely the most boss of them all, and that's sayin something for a psychic type. He's simply devastating. Landorus is the same, and Voltlos is just a better Zapdos.

My thoughts on the actual game come purely from my mate who has both Black and White, Black he's had since like September since it was imported from Japan. Seems pretty sweet so far.
Back to top Go down
Tromboner Man
FMW C-4 Champion
FMW C-4 Champion
Tromboner Man

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Pokemon Black/White I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 4:13 pm

Serperior may not learn many "devistating attacks", but the Overgrow Serperior isn't designed/built to sweep. It's got good defences, and can support itself quite well thanks to this.

Emboar has an extremely limited move pool, with relatively bad stat distrubution. It's slow, and not exactly bulky either.

My games going relatively slow as well. I've just hit the cold storage this morning (4 badges in) with about 8 hours work. At the moment, running Servine, Scolipede and Panpour (who I actually don't mind. I was lucky, got a good natured one). I'll be adding Litwik and Pawniard when they come available.
Back to top Go down
Nicholas Gray
FMW World Tag Team Champion
FMW World Tag Team Champion
Nicholas Gray

Rep : 19

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Nicholas Gray
Championship: FMW Tag Team Championship

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Pokemon Black/White I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 4:35 pm

If they make a Pokemon Gray, you just know it'll be on 3DS.
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Pokemon Black/White I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 4:39 pm

I don't do much in terms of "In-game battle strategy", but I've been relying on Leech Seed a lot for Servine. Just beat Elesa for my fourth badge, Leech Seed didn't work as well due to all three of her Pokemon having Volt Change.

My team right now is Servine, Tranquill, Herdier, Timburr, Munna (meh), and Sandile. I really need a decent Water-type, and I'd like to get Shandera's first stage in place of Herdier.

EDIT: Timburr evolved. Cheyeah.
Back to top Go down
PX

PX

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Pokemon Black/White I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 5:37 pm

Mushaana is actually a lethal pokemon, don't underrate it. Calm Mind Mushaana is just a beast, and is quite useful in doubles battles
Back to top Go down
MPD

MPD

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar:
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Pokemon Black/White I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 7:34 pm

See, this was my party early game;

Tehpig evolution line.
Blitzle evolution line.
Zoroark. (Really worth getting if you have the event pokemon to trigger it,)
Venipede evolution line.
I also used a Ducklet for a water pokemon, which soon became a HM slave.
ANNNNND, Pansage alternatively.

Pansage got replaced by a Boldore which I evolved.

I pretty much kept the team up till the elite four, swapping out Ducklet for a Deino, and Simisage for a Gothitelle for the elite four.

(Gothitelle handled the Fighting dude, Zoroark/Deino handled the psychic and ghost guys, (with Gothitelle assisting on a few guys, as well as Scorpipede,) and Emboar handled the dark dude.)

Gothitelle got replaced by Reshiran once I caught it.

My curren team consists of;
Emboar, Reshiran, Deino, Scizzor, Giratina, Zoroark,

I'm sort of stacking fire/dragon, and there's a few gaping holes in my party, but they're holes that most NPC's don't exploit.

I fully intend to breed myself a team for wifi play.
Back to top Go down
PX

PX

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Pokemon Black/White I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 4:54 am

Fire Dragon is beast purely because it's prefect STAB coverage, hit's everything except Heatran whos not an Unova pokemon
Back to top Go down
MPD

MPD

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar:
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Pokemon Black/White I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 6:39 am

My shiny Vaporeon would love to happen across a fire dragon stacked team. =P
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Pokemon Black/White I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 4:42 pm

One-on-one, Physical Reshiram still owns Vaporeon with STAB Outrage.

Either way, back to the games themselves, since I've never played the games from a competitive battler's perspective, I've just got through Dragonspiral Tower, and now I'm trudging my way through Route 8. My team's pretty good, Krookodile beats everything in this game with Bulldoze (Haven't leveled up to Earthquake or found the TM yet)/Crunch/Brick Break.

Back to competitive battling, if Krookodile had a priority move, that plus Moxie would make him the best (or at least one of the best) revenge killers in the game.

Oh, I should also mention that TMs being unlimited use is fucking awesome.
Back to top Go down
PX

PX

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Pokemon Black/White I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 5:10 pm

Mach Punch/Aqua Jet say high to Krookodile on a revenge mission if he had priority.

Also, when Serperior gets his dreamworld ability, then he'll be worth talking about, i just remember its a beast ability.

And Sleep Talk not being a tm anymore is fucking gay, nothing good gets it now
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Pokemon Black/White I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 10:56 pm

Porygon-X wrote:
Mach Punch/Aqua Jet say high to Krookodile on a revenge mission if he had priority.

Krookodile has a higher base speed that Azumarill, doesn't he?

Porygon-X wrote:
Also, when Serperior gets his dreamworld ability, then he'll be worth talking about, i just remember its a beast ability.

Perverse. Stat changes are reversed, aka Leaf Storm boosts his Special Attack 2 stages.
Back to top Go down
Rottata

Rottata

Rep : 8

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Tiberius Jefferson / Romeo
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Pokemon Black/White I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 1:22 am

TMs are unlimited now? It's about damn time.

>:=
Back to top Go down
http://romoran.wordpress.com
MPD

MPD

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar:
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Pokemon Black/White I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 5:38 am

Porygon-X wrote:

And Sleep Talk not being a tm anymore is fucking gay, nothing good gets it now

Serperior doesn't get the dreamworld ability, you need to attain a snivy FROM the dreamworld and level it.

Dreamworld Affliction Gengar will rock.

(Afflicion Gengar as apposed to the more commonly played SWEEP Gengar.)
Back to top Go down
PX

PX

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Pokemon Black/White I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 8:09 am

I know but it hasn't been released yet, so you cant get perverse Snivy yet.

And also, I'm gonna pass on Affliction Gengar because Levitate is a pretty hard ablility to pass up, it's just too damn useful.

And on Aqua Jet, Keldeo is the only thing that both outspeeds Krookodile and has Aqua Jet I have found, minus swift swimmers. But Krook sounds a good contender for running a scarf, he'd outspeed a good pile of stuff with it and be a useful revenge killer in that sense.
Back to top Go down
MPD

MPD

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar:
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Pokemon Black/White I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 2:04 pm

Oh, when I say Affliction Gengar I mean it's moves are all designed to whittle you down to as apposed to a ghost cannon.

The dreamworld ability is Shadow Tag, which, combined with Hypnosis, Curse and Dream Eater, will promise to frustrate.
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Pokemon Black/White I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 5:08 pm

I thought Gengar didn't get an extra Dream World Ability, and especially not Shadow Tag. You sure you guys don't mean Shandera/Chandelure? Most Levitate Pokemon (read: almost all of them) didn't get a DW ability.

Either way, Krookodile: rape-age in game. Currently training and Axew to help against Drayden.
Back to top Go down
Tromboner Man
FMW C-4 Champion
FMW C-4 Champion
Tromboner Man

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Pokemon Black/White I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 9:17 pm

Yes, Sleg, you're right. No dreamworld Ability for Gengar. I'm positive they're thinking of Chandelure.

You know who's really surprised me so far in the game? how much of a fucking beast Scolipede is. Dude is fast, strong, and can take a hit. It's got an OK movepool, but I've been raping with it!
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Pokemon Black/White I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 12, 2011 11:19 pm

So, the Battle Subway? Amazing. It actually levels UP your Pokemon for you (I went in with a level 44 Krookodile and level 45 Serperior onto the Multi train and the game leveled both Pokemon up to 50). Pretty sure the Gen. IV Frontier didn't do that.

So yeah, still wasting time trying to avoid battling Drayden.
Back to top Go down
Tromboner Man
FMW C-4 Champion
FMW C-4 Champion
Tromboner Man

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Pokemon Black/White I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 12:29 am

I haven't tried the battle subway. I think I'll look into that. Could be some good XP Grinding, as you put it.

Also I FUCKING LOVE THE LUCKY EGG!!!!! SOOO FUCKING GOOOOOD
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Pokemon Black/White I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 12:52 am

Well, it's like the Battle Frontier in the previous generations, it doesn't count towards experience. However, I am trudging through there right now to get enough BP for a Choice Scarf.

Locking my Fraxure/Haxorus onto Dragon Claw in the Dragon Gym is fine, especially since the only thing I'm worried about is being out sped by Drayden's Haxorus.
Back to top Go down
PX

PX

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Pokemon Black/White I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 7:18 am

? wrote:
Oh, when I say Affliction Gengar I mean it's moves are all designed to whittle you down to as apposed to a ghost cannon.

The dreamworld ability is Shadow Tag, which, combined with Hypnosis, Curse and Dream Eater, will promise to frustrate.

Hypnosis lol. That set is straight out of RBY I have to say, but Gengar didn't get Shadow tag anyway so we wont see it in action, but you could still pull it off if you had Mean Look in the 4th move spot. Still, relying on Hypnosis is not the best of strategies
Back to top Go down
MPD

MPD

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar:
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Pokemon Black/White I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 7:28 am

My gengar is a relic of the RBY era. That's the moveset I always give it in every game.

However, I think he's going in the box soon, Pokemon Videogame championship rules state; No legendaries, only unova region pokemon.

Also, Scolipede is sick. I did box mine for the elite four, but he saw me from Pinneedle forrest up to the last gym. And it looks cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Black/White   Pokemon Black/White I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pokemon Black/White
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next