Full Metal Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full Metal Wrestling

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FMW OOC Thread

Go down 
+50
robbclarke
Back Home
Jaro Classic
Bobino
War Machine
The Returned
Cactus Sam
Harles
Valladon
Ashburn
Sharpedo King
X
Storm183
Drew Michaels
Anwyl
iDeAndes
Damien
Vincent Van Rose
Lucian
Drake Parker
Kiyoshi Ryu
MASS Caesar
Hannibal Frost
Tromboner Man
Dano
the nick bryson
Omega
David GS
Vendetta
MPD
John Andrews
Freakie
The Dude
TyranT
Edible14
Alex O'Rion
David Ravish
Leon Caprice
John Derrick
Slegna
Jeff
Leviticastform
Abel Steele
Rottata
Nicholas Gray
Easy
PX
RCA
The Celt
Easty
54 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next
AuthorMessage
iDeAndes

Rep : -13

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: RAMPAGE!
Championship:

FMW OOC Thread - Page 31 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 8:54 pm

The Celt wrote:
Ha, I haven't made anything yet. This all just started when Eddie wanted to know what his stats would look like and I showed him.

Bryson's stats are fairly accurate since he didn't overkill himself outside of his technical stats. If you look at the real world, the vast majority of worker only ever excel in two out of the three styles of wrestling: Brawling, High flying and technical.

I'll just point out for the rest of yer benefit, with those performance stats Bryson could wrestle a brick and carry to a decent match.

I was going to say I'd rather see what RAMPAGE!'s stats would look like hypothetically.
Back to top Go down
The Celt

The Celt

Rep : 4

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Celtykins
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 9:51 pm

RAMPAGE!

Brawling B+ to A-
Puroresu D-
Hardcore B-

Mat wrestling D
Chain wrestling D-
Submission D

Aerial F
Flashiness F

Microphone B+
Charisma B+
Acting C+

Athleticism B
Toughness B+
Stamina C
Power B+

Basics B+
Psychology B
Safety B
Consistency C-
Selling B

Sex appeal C
Star quality B+
Menace A

Intensity A
Stiffness B
Resilience B

MMA C

Respect B+

Something like that.
Back to top Go down
iDeAndes

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 10:23 pm

That's fairly accurate..aside from power and mat wrestling. He's more Taz/Kurt Angle hybrid than a technical powerhouse. And he has a grecco-roman wrestling background during high school.

But not bad.
Back to top Go down
The Celt

The Celt

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 10:32 pm

Yeah, I some times forget about the mat wrestling background in my imagining of the character because for me, RAMPAGE is all passion/emotion and passion/emotions tends to get characterised in strikes and power moves rather than slower paced mat stuff.

When I think of RAMPAGE, I still think back to 06, 07 era and imagine a Black, hulking, Goldberg-like figure, only one who could brawl like a Japanese Heavyweight, because that's what the character evoked for me.

Another thing, barring negative chemistry notes, in TEW terms RAMPAGE vs Syanide would be guaranteed phenomenal matches. Ye both were fantastic brawlers, both had a sprinkle of technical ability and both had an interest in MMA.

Hell, that'd be an superb match to book if I make this thing.
Back to top Go down
iDeAndes

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 10:42 pm

RAMPAGE! to me has always been like ECW Wrestling Machine Kurt Angle...but more strike-based given his exploration into kickboxing. He's more quick than he is powerful and sacrifices how much potential power he really has in order to maneuver better. This is why a lot of his 'power' finishers are sitout; he uses (and understands) gravity and inertia work better in his favor then by trying to overpower someone with freakish brute strength.

The best way I can describe RAMPAGE!'s style of wrestling, in my head at least, is that he's balanced. He's mot abhorrently awful at any one thing but not magnificent in any thing either (aside from being able to redistribute pain due to his alcoholism altering his pain receptors - e.g Greggory House using Vicodin and his biting wit as a coping mechanism for his pain..which I suppose would factor into a high resilience.) He's a jack of all trades (except Aerial...), master of none.

And it's not surprising given that Dano and I did a lot of collabarating in the early days to make our characters fit one another. From gimmicks to fighting styles.
Back to top Go down
Damien
FMW World Tag Team Champion
FMW World Tag Team Champion

Rep : 0

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Damien Inferno
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 10:55 pm

Now, I'm curious. . . .
Back to top Go down
Drake Parker
FMW Television Champion
FMW Television Champion

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Drake Parker
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 2:10 am

A'ight Celt, I'm glad you're doing it. Tell me what you think of the stats I gave Jonathon.

Brawling: C-
Puroresu: B+ (I think the stiff working and emphasis on realism works well with a poruresu style)
Hardcore: D-

Mat wrestling: C+
Chain wrestling: D+
Submission: B+

Aerial: C+
Flashiness: B

Microphone: B-
Charisma: B-
Acting: B-

Athleticism: B+
Toughness: C+
Stamina: B
Power: D

Basics: C
Psychology: D-
Safety: C-
Consistency: C
Selling: B+

Sex appeal: B+ (I'm hot, like, really hot)
Star quality: A-
Menace: D-

Intensity: C
Stiffness: B
Resilience: C+

Respect: D

Inflated stats? Maybe, but I love me. EDIT: This better De?

Last edited by Jonathon King on Fri Jun 10, 2011 7:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
iDeAndes

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 3:27 am

Inflated is an understatement, kid.
Back to top Go down
RCA
Full Metal Champion
Full Metal Champion

Rep : 6

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Chris Austin
Championship: FMW C-4 Champion, FMW World Tag Team Champion

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 3:43 am

Back to the chalkboard for me, lol
Back to top Go down
iDeAndes

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 4:02 am

One thing I never understood or liked about e-fedding characters for the most part is that the handlers try to make them super good at everything. Part of the fun of making a character is making him or her flawed. With Xander, he lacks the experience and thus isn't a ring general. So he overcompensates by being a consummate showman and using his athleticism to his advantage. With RAMPAGE!, he's balanced. With Apathy, he was stiff and dangerous in the ring ala JBL meets Necro Butcher.

I'm still waiting for the day for someone to make a truly cowardly heel.
Back to top Go down
Drake Parker
FMW Television Champion
FMW Television Champion

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Drake Parker
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 7:19 am

Well with me, I'm pretty damn flawed, so I use my characters as a chance to be better than I am. Why would I want to bring reality into my fantasy?
Back to top Go down
Easty

Rep : 1

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Jack Eastwood
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 8:13 am

I think the problem with having a cowardly heel in e-fedding would that it would be a struggle to actually work well.
Back to top Go down
PX

PX

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: PX
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 12:59 pm

Now he's gonna have to make it 9.9
Back to top Go down
iDeAndes

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 1:55 pm

Easty wrote:
I think the problem with having a cowardly heel in e-fedding would that it would be a struggle to actually work well.

It wouldn't struggle to do well because it's different from the norm of badass and/or psychopath. The closest I've seen to a cowardly, obnoxious heel is Sean Jensen. So long as the promos reflect why his cowardly pathologies are the way that they are, it works.

And it isn't just your fantasy. It's everyone else's fantasy as well. Despite us hating the term, this is a roleplay. Thus in order for the story to be more fluid, different roles need to be filled. Often, I create a character that best fits the needs of the current e-fed's climate. I leave his motivations basic so that I can expand on his character through natural progression. It makes the story more enjoyable for you personally and others as well who can easily be included into your canon.

Often, guys over-complicate their character from the get-go. They want the ability to do fifty moves in their moveset (which is childish and ultimately hurts other people's characters who use certain moves as finishers yet they use them as ordinary moves with no rhyme or reason), there's gimmick infringement and inflation (fifty guys all wanting to do a religious angle/crazy guy/badass), and then they leave their mindsets as their ideal of human perfection (which, in turn, hurts you and makes you a carbon copy of everyone else).

Look at Celt, for example. He has a very naive black and white view on the world. Which means he conflicts with most of FMW who are shades of gray in terms of morality. It helps his character. He stands out. In turn, that helps other people's characters stand out.

So why should you use a flawed character? Because you're not just fedding for you. You're part of an ongoing episodic drama that needs interesting characters and set pieces to remain interesting. Creating a "perfect" character just makes people overlook you. Which will eventually make you burn out or quit.
Back to top Go down
RCA
Full Metal Champion
Full Metal Champion

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 2:19 pm

Yeah I've been at this thing for like three years and I still don't know what Austin is or was supposed to be, although lately I have that down. But if I had it all the way figured out, I wouldn't be bothering my damn moveset every two or three days.

I've gone from so-called extremist (didn't execute that well) to spot-monkey to wannabe hero that tried to keep everyone in FMW happy (I had something with this in terms of a story but I fucked it up because I didn't have patience, or a filter, to see it through) to so-called crazed misogynist and now, with all that out there...

He just wants to be the best in FMW and to do that he's trying to teach himself everything about those in FMW.

The thing is that in his heart of hearts, he wants to be a hero, that's how he was raised, and his main qualities (Max effort, determination, stubborness and belief in whatever his cause is) leans to that. He's always had the natural talent and the desire to do good and when he first started out he used natural athleticism to his advantage, but despite the facade he's put up, for the longest time Austin was prone to instances of mental fragility. For lack of a better term he was mentally soft.

With this new Student of the Game gimmick, he has seemed to condition himself to believe that without the occasional failure, he cannot learn so he's become mentally stronger, even though it may be argued that he's OK with failure because he has somewhat deemed it as a requirement to learn. I mean if he's succeeding all the time, what's the point of putting all the work in?

Anyway most of that was rambling, but I get what De is saying about having a flawed character. As for in-ring stuff.

Well Austin should've been heavily technical but I've always enjoyed more of a ground and pound, high-impact sort of offense as a fan (not sure who the real-life counterpart would be, I guess heel John Cena I don't know). Never cared for high-flying outside of a couple moves. So that was my mistake.

I hope to see it remedied soon and the next time I or someone else updates my roster info, it will be the last time, at least for a few months.

Either that or I get banned from FMW for a couple days or something as punishment.

Back to top Go down
The Celt

The Celt

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 3:44 pm

@King: Your TEW access is now revoked; you can have it back when you prove you act responsible with it Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Omega

Omega

Rep : -122

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Seth Omega
Championship: Abandoned Championship

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 4:02 pm

RCA has always reminded me of Roderick Strong in a way, in ring wise.

RAMPAGE had that Dr. Death Steve Williams kinda feel to him, he could go to the ground a bit but deep down inside you knew he'd fuck you up if you made him look bad in the ring.

Celt has always reminded me of Finlay...that was his picbase when he first came in and his style reminds me of just a Finlay type of brawler.

And I still see Omega has very much like Masato Tanaka, maybe a little bit of Kenta Kobashi in there but not much.
Back to top Go down
RCA
Full Metal Champion
Full Metal Champion

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 4:43 pm

Roderick Strong?

RODERICK STRONG?

Explanation. I desire one.

In other news, I've got a character that I really want and I think need, to try out.

Unsure when to bust him out though.
Back to top Go down
iDeAndes

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 5:49 pm

Omega wrote:
RCA has always reminded me of Roderick Strong in a way, in ring wise.

RAMPAGE had that Dr. Death Steve Williams kinda feel to him, he could go to the ground a bit but deep down inside you knew he'd fuck you up if you made him look bad in the ring.

Celt has always reminded me of Finlay...that was his picbase when he first came in and his style reminds me of just a Finlay type of brawler.

And I still see Omega has very much like Masato Tanaka, maybe a little bit of Kenta Kobashi in there but not much.

Wow. I was never under the impression RAMPAGE! was held in such a high regard to people. Celt envisioned him as a monster, Goldberg-esque squash machine and Seth really just paid the character probably the highest compliment I can remember seeing (as I've always loved Dr. Death).

+1 ego boost

Seth Omega reminds me of Takeshi Morishima meets Samoa Joe. Probably helps with the pic base.
Back to top Go down
Edible14
Head Writer
Head Writer
Edible14

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Apostasy

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 6:29 pm

Easty wrote:

Well, the chief problem is that everyone in e-fedding wants to look "strong", and the writers for matches/bookers know that everyone is very protective of their own character (by "everyone" I mean "most"). So rarely will they book a "dirty" win. Also, the cowardly heel has to eventually get destroyed as a payoff - which is something people don't really want to see happen to their character - or he has to become semi-legitimate, which is what tends to happen.

The e-fed thing limits a lot of what we can do with finishes. For one, you'll never see a character retain a title due to a DQ or countout loss. Nobody is going to waste a shot at the title, and the champion won't want to do it. Because at the end of the day, the readers will remember the scores. A champion who retains after losing a match here loses a lot more credibility than he would in a real fed.
Back to top Go down
Easty

Rep : 1

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Jack Eastwood
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 6:31 pm

I see Eastwood as a Matt Morgan/Rob Van Dam in terms of ability. Surprising speed when arsed and an unorthodox style.
Back to top Go down
iDeAndes

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 6:34 pm

Edible14 wrote:
Easty wrote:

Well, the chief problem is that everyone in e-fedding wants to look "strong", and the writers for matches/bookers know that everyone is very protective of their own character (by "everyone" I mean "most"). So rarely will they book a "dirty" win. Also, the cowardly heel has to eventually get destroyed as a payoff - which is something people don't really want to see happen to their character - or he has to become semi-legitimate, which is what tends to happen.

The e-fed thing limits a lot of what we can do with finishes. For one, you'll never see a character retain a title due to a DQ or countout loss. Nobody is going to waste a shot at the title, and the champion won't want to do it. Because at the end of the day, the readers will remember the scores. A champion who retains after losing a match here loses a lot more credibility than he would in a real fed.

I'd do for the sake of the story. I don't have a problem with losing.
Back to top Go down
Omega

Omega

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 8:01 pm

RCA wrote:
Roderick Strong?

RODERICK STRONG?

In other news, I've got a character that I really want and I think need, to try out.

Have you seen Roderick Strong's in ring ability?

You're Roderick Strong, and you'll like it.

Also, Dr. Death was beast in AJPW.

EDIT: Also Eddie, I'm going to kill you for making one of finishers a primary move of yours. It's not like it's the super kick jerk.
Back to top Go down
PX

PX

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 1:38 pm

Omega wrote:

Implying Jamie Noble wasn't Celt's first picbase
Back to top Go down
Omega

Omega

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 1:53 pm

I meant when I first came in, but you get the idea.
Back to top Go down
Drew Michaels
FMW President
FMW President

Rep : 14

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Drew Michaels
Championship: C-4 Championship

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 2:15 pm

iDeAndes wrote:
Often, guys over-complicate their character from the get-go. They want the ability to do fifty moves in their moveset (which is childish and ultimately hurts other people's characters who use certain moves as finishers yet they use them as ordinary moves with no rhyme or reason)

Funny thing is, I'm like the complete opposite of that one. I know there has been a few times where people have told me I needed more moves or something because I care so goddamn little about my moveset.

And everything said here is pretty right, you have to be willing to give and take when it comes to e-fedding. Yeah, Drew looks awesome a lot of times. He has also been screwed, beat down, crucified once or twice, had his hands crushed by a hammer, set on fire, and been all but flogged to death on various occasions. You have to look weak sometimes to help others look strong and put over storylines and such.
Back to top Go down
PX

PX

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 2:55 pm

Drew Michaels wrote:
iDeAndes wrote:
Often, guys over-complicate their character from the get-go. They want the ability to do fifty moves in their moveset (which is childish and ultimately hurts other people's characters who use certain moves as finishers yet they use them as ordinary moves with no rhyme or reason)

Funny thing is, I'm like the complete opposite of that one. I know there has been a few times where people have told me I needed more moves or something because I care so goddamn little about my moveset.

And everything said here is pretty right, you have to be willing to give and take when it comes to e-fedding. Yeah, Drew looks awesome a lot of times. He has also been screwed, beat down, crucified once or twice, had his hands crushed by a hammer, set on fire, and been all but flogged to death on various occasions. You have to look weak sometimes to help others look strong and put over storylines and such.

I think you understand something nobody in WWE or TNA creative is aware of.
Back to top Go down
RCA
Full Metal Champion
Full Metal Champion

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 3:13 pm

Omega wrote:
RCA wrote:
Roderick Strong?

RODERICK STRONG?

Have you seen Roderick Strong's in ring ability?

You're Roderick Strong, and you'll like it.

Also, Dr. Death was beast in AJPW.

EDIT: Also Eddie, I'm going to kill you for making one of finishers a primary move of yours. It's not like it's the super kick jerk.

A few things:

1. So Austin likes to do backbreakers, stiff chops, a Sick Kick here or there and is not exactly the most comfy on the mic. What this means is, I rarely see much of Roderick Strong so no I will not be Roderick Strong and I probably won't like it pending elaboration, LOL.

2. Tell me what the move is and I'll take it out the moveset. (I don't give a shit if the move in question is the Sliding D. It ain't comin' down unless you find a suitable replacement.)

3. I maintain that a heinous crime in FMW was that RAMPAGE! never won any sort of title, let alone the FMC. I always saw RAMPAGE as a legitimate badass win or lose and the lack of titles is a travesty that I want De to fix. That is all.

4. RCA hasn't ever really looked bad outside of an altercation with Abel (Thanks Bryson, Smile ). As a HW I never wanted to book my character because I hated looking weak back then. Now, I can deal to an extent. But it was the driving force behind me wanting my character to be on a brand I did not HW. Overall I think if I was a face this would happen more and face is something I've always wanted to do correctly. Anyone can do heel to some extent, particularly in FMW. I'm actually shocked Austin has done so well in this current gimmick I have him in because his real heel quality is pretty much, he thinks he knows it all.

More shit to come as I read.

Last edited by RCA on Sat Jun 11, 2011 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Leviticastform
FMW C-4 Champion
FMW C-4 Champion
Leviticastform

Rep : 3

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Leviticus
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 3:18 pm

I have to admit, I am now mildly curious as to Levi reminds people of in this discussion. Bonus points if you will answer this about Justus as well.
Back to top Go down
RCA
Full Metal Champion
Full Metal Champion

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 31 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 3:22 pm

Levit: Uh, hmm... not one of the Usos, clearly.

I don't really know. You haven't really established a real identifiable in-ring presence to me yet. A lot of your "appearance" comes with promos, like the attitude and image kinda walks hand in hand.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 31 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FMW OOC Thread
Page 31 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34  Next