Full Metal Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full Metal Wrestling

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FMW OOC Thread

Go down 
+55
7h3_\/1ru5
Pissant
Rogue
Anwyl
Hardcore Zakk
Lazyking
Drake Parker
Leviticastform
Freakie
Ripper
The Returned
Black Marcubone
Jeff Watson
Dano
Gabriel Crow
Nicholas Gray
David GS
Storm183
X
MASS Caesar
Skyler Striker
Easy
Drew Michaels
PX
Tromboner Man
Shock
Eric Scorpio
Jeff
Vincent Van Rose
The Dude
Killswitch
Leon Caprice
Villain Within
John Derrick
Nero Trinity
the nick bryson
Hannibal Frost
TyranT
Edible14
Mark Johansson
Easty
Matt Dunn
Kaoru
Christian Moorebyss
Abel Steele
Cactus Sam
Jaro Classic
RCA
Alex O'Rion
Slegna
Bobino
Omega
The Celt
iDeAndes
Rottata
59 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 26 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Omega

Omega

Rep : -122

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Seth Omega
Championship: Abandoned Championship

FMW OOC Thread - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 7:38 pm

Well you came in at a rocky time of the PPV just finishing voting and promo wise, so it will be a while before you see a show.

Anyways, basic run down.

Headbanger- Runs everything, he's the head booker, and ultimately the guy you want to speak to about getting booked.

RCA- Is the Head Writer of the Ammunition Brand, or basically the RoH, NWA (Old School), MMA show.

Rottata- Is the Head GFX Man and the Head Writer of Corruption, or the Old School ECW, CZW brand.

Skyler Striker- Is the Head Writer of Distortion, or basically a show with a lot of gimmick matches...like TNA except with higher ratings.

TyranT, The Wayward Sons, PX, Drew Michaels, Harley Quint, Seth Omega, Leviticus Gibbons- Are the respective champions

After looking over your contract there is only a couple of issues. Technically FMW doesn't recognize "tweener" as an official alignment, also your base picture is one that has been used by a member who is now inactive. I'm not 100% sure what the rules are on that one, but I'm sure one of the others knows more about it than I do and will elaborate.

Anyways, Welcome to FMW we hope you enjoy your stay. Feel free to browse the archive section if you want to see how promoing and shows look.
Back to top Go down
Jeff
FMW Corruption Ultraviolent Champion
Jeff

Rep : 4

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: "Truly Talented" Jeff Whitt
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 8:31 pm

Oh, new guy, don't forget this next thing: GSW > FMW. For realz.

And I wanna change my pic base (because I hate Mike McGillicutty, and some of you know that, LOL), but I'm not sure if De will allow that, since I've seem some posts in this thread on that topic. If I can, may I please haz Eddie Edwards of RoH fame?
Back to top Go down
http://themanthatshouldnotbe.tumblr.com
Vincent Van Rose

Rep : 2

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Vincent Van Rose
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 8:52 pm

S.O.S. wrote:
Oh, new guy, don't forget this next thing: GSW > FMW. For realz.

And I wanna change my pic base (because I hate Mike McGillicutty, and some of you know that, LOL), but I'm not sure if De will allow that, since I've seem some posts in this thread on that topic. If I can, may I please haz Eddie Edwards of RoH fame?

If De sees this he will huff and puff and cut your balls off....I think he said something about pic bases and the like being locked in til Ultimatum. I tried to change mine and was almost murdered in cold blood. HAHA!
Back to top Go down
Jeff
Jeff

Rep : 4

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: "Truly Talented" Jeff Whitt
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 8:58 pm

LOL, yeah, I saw those posts. That's why I said what I said. If I can't, fine, I'll live with it, but if I can, it can't hurt to ask. Well, it might hurt. A little bit. LOL.
Back to top Go down
http://themanthatshouldnotbe.tumblr.com
Tromboner Man
FMW C-4 Champion
FMW C-4 Champion
Tromboner Man

Rep : 15

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Christian G. Smitten
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 11:27 pm

Freakie wrote:
Just posted in the sign-up thread, although I'm slightly confused on how to get started. I'm very interested in getting started on an e-wrestling "career", so some friendly advice would be nice, if anyone would be so kind.

I hope this message won't instantly classify me as a "noob" or incompetent, I'm just fairly new to e-wrestling and FMV in particular, and would love to get started.

The fact that you've posted this instantly lifts you out of the "noob" category, for simply wanting to find out how things work before you jump in and do it.

Best thing you can do at the moment is read promos and learn how we do it here. The voting and promo period (which is how we decide our winners and losers) for Catalyst is the best place to start, there's a lot of high quality work in there. If you read and learn from some of those, you'll put yourself in good stead.

The other thing you can do it start getting involved in the Trash Talk. The Catalyst trash talk thread is the best place, so get in there, maybe write a promo or something introducing your character and let us get to know him. If you're active here, then I dare say you'll get booked on the next show without a problem.

If you need any help, feel free to contact any of the senior members. We don't bite, except for Skyler, Seth, Jaro, Alex, RCA, Ro... actually, we all bite. Except for me. I'm nice. I don't compete at the moment, but I know what I'm talking about, so feel free to contact me by PM or AIM.

I'm kidding about everyone biting by the way. Everyone's super nice to keen people looking to get involved with positive attitudes like you.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/trombonerman
Freakie

Freakie

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Cliff Carson
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 9:19 am

Thanks for the swift responses, glad to hear them. Would like to hear some administrative statement from the issues Omega pointed out, though, before I really get starting.
Back to top Go down
the nick bryson
Head Writer
Head Writer

Rep : 12

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 10:51 am

Freakie wrote:
Thanks for the swift responses, glad to hear them. Would like to hear some administrative statement from the issues Omega pointed out, though, before I really get starting.

As far as I know FMW doesn't like to use Tweeners anymore and we're going to ask you to pick a side, however people change over easily here so dont worry too much about it, what we're more worried about is finding your niche.

If your picbase is taken by someone else you are going to have to find another one. Its first come first serve with those. However if the guys inactive its basically who it is. If its someone like Iggy Pop (Jaro) or another HoF character, I dont think thats gonna fly.

If you have anymore questions just ask. PMs, AIM, or posting in here get results.

Back to top Go down
Freakie

Freakie

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 11:16 am

the nick bryson wrote:
Freakie wrote:

As far as I know FMW doesn't like to use Tweeners anymore and we're going to ask you to pick a side, however people change over easily here so dont worry too much about it, what we're more worried about is finding your niche.

If your picbase is taken by someone else you are going to have to find another one. Its first come first serve with those. However if the guys inactive its basically who it is. If its someone like Iggy Pop (Jaro) or another HoF character, I dont think thats gonna fly.

If you have anymore questions just ask. PMs, AIM, or posting in here get results.

I sort of picked a tweener simply to be able to develop the character from there, instead of simply deciding he "has" to be heel, I'd rather determine my character's personality based on actual events, instead of a predetermined fully developed personality that is completely perfect and virtually unchangable. Although I still got rough ideas for how the character would act like, of course.

That said, I don't plan on keeping a long-term tweener, just as a starting point.

Also, could I see who the supposed keeper of the pic base is? Can't find him myself. :v
Back to top Go down
Leon Caprice

Rep : -3

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Leon Caprice
Championship: FMW Undisputed Tag Team Champions

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 11:50 am

Evan Bourne is Chris Kelson's character. So I haven't heard of Kels coming back, but at the same time there is so many other people to pick.

So up to you really, but in my opinion its best to start your own character with your own original ideas and picbase.

Back to top Go down
Tromboner Man
FMW C-4 Champion
FMW C-4 Champion
Tromboner Man

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 12:17 pm

Freakie wrote:
I sort of picked a tweener simply to be able to develop the character from there, instead of simply deciding he "has" to be heel, I'd rather determine my character's personality based on actual events, instead of a predetermined fully developed personality that is completely perfect and virtually unchangable. Although I still got rough ideas for how the character would act like, of course.

That said, I don't plan on keeping a long-term tweener, just as a starting point.

Also, could I see who the supposed keeper of the pic base is? Can't find him myself. :v

Our roster thread has pictures of most of our roster, so if you can't find it there, chances are it's free. That can be found at this link - https://fullmetalwrestling.forumotion.com/information-f10/fmw-roster-t281.htm

The Ewresting Wiki (a wiki of E-Feds) also holds a lot of picture information, plus it's a good place to go for our history. The link directly to our main page (and subsequent linked pages) is at this link - http://ewrestling.wikia.com/wiki/Full_Metal_Wrestling
Back to top Go down
Freakie

Freakie

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 12:35 pm

Tromboner Man wrote:
Freakie wrote:

Our roster thread has pictures of most of our roster, so if you can't find it there, chances are it's free. That can be found at this link - https://fullmetalwrestling.forumotion.com/information-f10/fmw-roster-t281.htm

The Ewresting Wiki (a wiki of E-Feds) also holds a lot of picture information, plus it's a good place to go for our history. The link directly to our main page (and subsequent linked pages) is at this link - http://ewrestling.wikia.com/wiki/Full_Metal_Wrestling

I more or less looked through the entire roster about an hour ago, and I can't seem to find anyone with the same base. I've also checked the wiki entry several times, although I've slacked a bit on the history part compared to the other sections of the page.
Back to top Go down
Tromboner Man
FMW C-4 Champion
FMW C-4 Champion
Tromboner Man

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 12:45 pm

Chris Kelson might not be displayed. He's an alumni, and isn't around at the moment. I'll be honest, I don't know why (I took about a 6 month leave of absense earlier this year, so someone who didn't leave will know better).

I think it'd be alright for you to use Evan Bourne as a pic base, but I'm not the guy who decides that. Normally that's Romeo... I think. He's the figurehead for those beautiful graphics around here anyway.
Back to top Go down
RCA
Full Metal Champion
Full Metal Champion

Rep : 6

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Chris Austin
Championship: FMW C-4 Champion, FMW World Tag Team Champion

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 12:59 pm

He hated promoing and it became homework to him. Hence he left.

DeAndes made a new batch of graphics but truth be told they're just there. In said new batch Kelson is accounted for though.

Either way, unless he made a request to hold the pic for him (i.e. intends to return), which he hasn't, I think it would be fair game.
Back to top Go down
Freakie

Freakie

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 1:07 pm

I honestly think Chris Kelson's picture resembles Cody Rhodes more than Evan Bourne. But now he's apparently gone, is it avaiable or not?
Back to top Go down
Freakie

Freakie

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 2:34 pm

Another question; Any particular guidelines for how, when and where to make a proper promo? I'm currently surveying through this thread, although I'd figure an outright response would be a big help as well.
Back to top Go down
Killswitch

Rep : 0

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Killswitch
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 22, 2010 4:33 pm

Freakie wrote:
Another question; Any particular guidelines for how, when and where to make a proper promo? I'm currently surveying through this thread, although I'd figure an outright response would be a big help as well.

Trash talk threads for the time being until you are booked on a show.

When you get booked, you post a promo in the Voting and Promo thread. My advice on promo's is really just write until you are done. Don't try to force too much out, or your promos will end up with a lot of fluff.

Just trash talk guys until you see yourself booked. On that, do not go in and trash talk, say, the Full Metal Champion right off the bat, cause then you just look dumb. Talk shit to lower level guys such as myself to get going.

Have fun and welcome to FMW bro.
Back to top Go down
Freakie

Freakie

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 6:04 am

Alistair Wolfe wrote:
Freakie wrote:

Trash talk threads for the time being until you are booked on a show.

When you get booked, you post a promo in the Voting and Promo thread. My advice on promo's is really just write until you are done. Don't try to force too much out, or your promos will end up with a lot of fluff.

Just trash talk guys until you see yourself booked. On that, do not go in and trash talk, say, the Full Metal Champion right off the bat, cause then you just look dumb. Talk shit to lower level guys such as myself to get going.

Have fun and welcome to FMW bro.

Thanks.
Any particularly good ways of doing an actual promo for an upcoming show, should I happen to get booked?
Back to top Go down
Rottata

Rottata

Rep : 8

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Tiberius Jefferson / Romeo
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 10:25 am

1) I'll probably be evolving to Roticate sometime soon. A few more wins, probably, before I level up.

2) Since De is a little MIA again, if he doesn't mind, I would like to bring back some of our orby friends...

3) As for the Evan Bourne issue, yes, Kelson is gone, but as a rule of thumb, when a RL personality is already closely associated with a character here (i.e. Alex O'Rion = Edge), then no one else may use him. Kelson isn't a legend or some sort, but most people associate him with Evan Bourne. Also, you were talking about Cody Rhodes, but Mr. Leon Caprice has him. I'm afraid you'd really have to pick someone else, but if it's any consolation, you may approach me and I will help you choose a new guy, unlike certain other angry black men who change peoples' pic bases on a whim just because he doesn't like them. *ahem*

Hope that helps.
Back to top Go down
http://romoran.wordpress.com
Easty

Rep : 1

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Jack Eastwood
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 1:24 pm

You know he put me as Test at one point?
Back to top Go down
RCA
Full Metal Champion
Full Metal Champion

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 1:38 pm

Rottata wrote:
1) I'll probably be evolving to Roticate sometime soon. A few more wins, probably, before I level up.

2) Since De is a little MIA again, if he doesn't mind, I would like to bring back some of our orby friends...

3) As for the Evan Bourne issue, yes, Kelson is gone, but as a rule of thumb, when a RL personality is already closely associated with a character here (i.e. Alex O'Rion = Edge), then no one else may use him. Kelson isn't a legend or some sort, but most people associate him with Evan Bourne. Also, you were talking about Cody Rhodes, but Mr. Leon Caprice has him. I'm afraid you'd really have to pick someone else, but if it's any consolation, you may approach me and I will help you choose a new guy, unlike certain other angry black men who change peoples' pic bases on a whim just because he doesn't like them. *ahem*

Hope that helps.

We'll discuss something later.
Back to top Go down
Freakie

Freakie

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 4:24 pm

Would anyone happen to be using Trent Beretta, then? Can't seem to find his base anywhere on the roster.
Back to top Go down
RCA
Full Metal Champion
Full Metal Champion

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 23, 2010 5:14 pm

He is free for use.
Back to top Go down
Leviticastform
FMW C-4 Champion
FMW C-4 Champion
Leviticastform

Rep : 3

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Leviticus
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 26, 2010 4:17 pm

Random question folks. How many of you here would be interested in a fantasy basketball or hockey league?
Back to top Go down
Omega

Omega

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 8:37 am

Mark...you lost the bet.

Don't bet against Tennessee homo.
Back to top Go down
Tromboner Man
FMW C-4 Champion
FMW C-4 Champion
Tromboner Man

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 10:03 am

Your bet is irrelevant. I'm naked.
Back to top Go down
Drake Parker
FMW Television Champion
FMW Television Champion

Rep : 0

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Drake Parker
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 6:49 pm

Wow, I picked a good time to look through this thread. I was about to ask the same questions the Freakie did. So I'd just like to thank all of you for answering his (and therefore, my) questions. Now I need to go to a different thread and make fun of all of you. See ya there.
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

Rep : 11

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 27, 2010 7:16 pm

You would be best served to trash talk in the Catalyst TT thread, as that is the most current show.
Back to top Go down
Freakie

Freakie

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 8:32 am

Anyone still keeping the FMW articles on the wiki up to date?
Back to top Go down
Jaro Classic
Admin
Jaro Classic

Rep : 3

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Jaro
Championship: FMW Ultraviolent Championship

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 4:56 pm

I don't believe so. If you'd like to take over............... Smile
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalwrestling.forumotion.com
Omega

Omega

Wrestler Profile

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 18 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 07, 2010 6:12 pm

Lolol...

Fuck that shit. I keep up with my own and that's about it.

Slegna is suppose to do the others, the lazy prick.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread - Page 18 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FMW OOC Thread
Page 18 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 26 ... 34  Next