Full Metal Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full Metal Wrestling

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

FMW OOC Thread

Go down 
+55
7h3_\/1ru5
Pissant
Rogue
Anwyl
Hardcore Zakk
Lazyking
Drake Parker
Leviticastform
Freakie
Ripper
The Returned
Black Marcubone
Jeff Watson
Dano
Gabriel Crow
Nicholas Gray
David GS
Storm183
X
MASS Caesar
Skyler Striker
Easy
Drew Michaels
PX
Tromboner Man
Shock
Eric Scorpio
Jeff
Vincent Van Rose
The Dude
Killswitch
Leon Caprice
Villain Within
John Derrick
Nero Trinity
the nick bryson
Hannibal Frost
TyranT
Edible14
Mark Johansson
Easty
Matt Dunn
Kaoru
Christian Moorebyss
Abel Steele
Cactus Sam
Jaro Classic
RCA
Alex O'Rion
Slegna
Bobino
Omega
The Celt
iDeAndes
Rottata
59 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Rottata

Rottata

Rep : 8

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Tiberius Jefferson / Romeo
Championship:

FMW OOC Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 1:06 am

I can't. Let's talk on the main page chat.
Back to top Go down
http://romoran.wordpress.com
iDeAndes

Rep : -13

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: RAMPAGE!
Championship:

FMW OOC Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 2:19 am

Uhhh. It's about 50% done.

I had to go through my "process".

Kidding. My girlfriend's leaving for Hawaii in the morning. I had to say good bye. Rome. Getz on AIM.

EDIT: Nevermind. I'll meet you in teh chat.
Back to top Go down
The Celt

The Celt

Rep : 4

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Celtykins
Championship:

FMW OOC Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 13, 2010 10:23 am

Yeah, that's the thing about TEW2005, no quick add feature in the editor, that didn't come in till the sequel.

TEW05 isn't anywhere near as user friendly as later versions of the game, but it's still way ahead of EWR (for instance workers are rated on stuff like psychology and selling as well, so guys who aren't the flashiest wrestlers are still pretty valuable) and hey, it's now freeware.
Back to top Go down
Omega

Omega

Rep : -122

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Seth Omega
Championship: Abandoned Championship

FMW OOC Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 2:30 pm

Celt pick a way to IM me via AIM or Facebook.

GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGO!
Back to top Go down
Bobino

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Butters
Championship:

FMW OOC Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 9:14 pm

Just checking, did I miss something?

Why is Sleg in a last chance qualifier? He should already be in the GCG.

Sorry if I did miss anything, just looking out for my partner.
Back to top Go down
Omega

Omega

Wrestler Profile

FMW OOC Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 9:35 pm

I am not as qualified as others to answer this but if I had to make a guess I'd say it is because Moore was so close to Slegna last time that they wanted to have one more match, also knowing Slegna isn't the most consistent guy to show up (no offense Sleggy) they probably were taking precaution and seeing if he wasn't going to show up that they could get someone else who could show up.

I could be wrong, but that's just my guess.
Back to top Go down
Bobino

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

FMW OOC Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 9:38 pm

Ah, if Sleg's cool with that, I guess that's fine.

Just thought it was weird that none of the other qualifiers had to defend their spot.

Thanks, just making sure I didn't miss anything.
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

Rep : 11

FMW OOC Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 9:43 pm

I appreciate it bro. I just asked about it in the Corruption staff thread, I'm was just curious if my spot was on the line, or if it was something akin to Celt/Harley at Supremacy where if Moore wins he's in, but if I win the GCG doesn't change.
Back to top Go down
Omega

Omega

Wrestler Profile

FMW OOC Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 9:52 pm

Once again I can't confirm it, but it seemed to make sense to me.
Back to top Go down
iDeAndes

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

FMW OOC Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 10:22 pm

The answer is simple. Moore asked for a chance to compete for it and your scores were close enough that it warranted entertaining the request.
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

FMW OOC Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 10:30 pm

That's not an answer to my question though. Having the match is fine, I'm just curious as to whether my spot is on the line.
Back to top Go down
iDeAndes

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

FMW OOC Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 10:30 pm

'Tis. And I did answer your question, Sleg. With the "entertaining the request" bit.
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

FMW OOC Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 10:39 pm

Well, that's 100% bullshit seeing as how I've already qualified. Whether it's because of my track record (though I've been doing good lately) or whatever, I'm not happy with that at all.
Back to top Go down
iDeAndes

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

FMW OOC Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 10:44 pm

Well consider these factors from a booking decision, my friend:

One - you've developed quite a rivalry with Burning Insanity.

Two - if you were confident in your ability to win, you'd do it again.

Three - multi-man matches are a shitty deal.

Four - your scores were pretty close.

It wasn't my decision but if I were in the Hefe's shoes, I probably would've done the same. It isn't an indictment on you, broham. It's adding drama to the Gauntlet. You've already won your spot. Moore challenged the legitimacy of that spot given the match ending. In character, those are solid arguments for a one on one rematch.
Back to top Go down
The Celt

The Celt

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Celtykins
Championship:

FMW OOC Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 10:55 pm

I can imagine why you might be angry Sleg, but at the same time this could be something to run with. The fact that you're being forced to defend your spot adds alot of tension and pressure to the match, a sense of lethality you normally reserve for a title match.

Another thing you guys could is a winner takes all deal with it...i.e. maybe make Moore putting something on the line as well; say if Moore loses he has to call you the greatest wrestler ever in the ring or being your servant for a show, or some-else somewhat Lucha inspired.

Yeah, there's a bunch of positive things you could draw out of this, including attention you don't always get nowadays Sleg.
Back to top Go down
Alex O'Rion

Alex O'Rion

Rep : 3

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Alex O'Rion
Championship: FMW World Tag Team Champion

FMW OOC Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 11:39 pm

I will say this now and plainly.

This is crap. Slegna worked hard to earn something, and no matter the storyline reasons this is for fun and there is no reason to simply say "Thanks for the hard work, now re-earn what we already promised you earned.". I don't mean to call out the bookers because I know how rough a job you have and how little you are appreciated for it, but if he is being forced to defend his spot in the GCG after earning it, no matter how close, that's unfair to Slegna the player who put in the effort, if not the character.
Back to top Go down
RCA
Full Metal Champion
Full Metal Champion

Rep : 6

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Chris Austin
Championship: FMW C-4 Champion, FMW World Tag Team Champion

FMW OOC Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 11:48 pm

AIM ME BRO.
Back to top Go down
Bobino

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

FMW OOC Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 14, 2010 11:48 pm

I'm glad I wasn't the only one that felt that way, A-O.

I thought I was biased by being his partner.

To address a few of the points, if the "in character" ending to the match is a factor, go back and edit out the Comeback Kids being sneaky assholes part. Have Sleg legit beat me. I'd prefer that over my partner getting screwed because I no-showed in a singles match.

Second, if multi-man matches are crap, don't book them for things like this. Period. If winning a multi-man match means that you didn't really earn the reward, only use singles matches.

Third, Sleg has showed for every match since his return, and his "history" is no reason to screw him over. it's not like he he did for some reason no-show the GCG, the match would be a wash. There's a bunch of other guys in the match.

This seems pretty unfair, and I'm glad I raised the point.
Back to top Go down
iDeAndes

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

FMW OOC Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 12:39 am

I didn't find it any more fair that TyranT had to defend his Torch against me. But I didn't complain about it and neither did he. Look where TyranT is now in the grand scheme of things. Hell , if not for that Torch being put up for grabs, you wouldn't have been World Champ, Rob. Also. You forget what I could've lost in that deal. I would've been gone from FMW. Forever. Not just as RAMPAGE! but done as I had stated should I lose, I would've retired for good from active competition. I wouldn't have been happy about that. Some people might have but that's irrelevant. And look what happened? It made the match mean more. It made the feud mean more. It helped establish that TyranT was a force to be reckoned with and could certainly carry the fed on his shoulders as THEE guy. As if you didn't already know that from him winning Mount Vesuvius and beating Skyler Striker who is, in my opinion, one of the more naturally talented guys we have.

You are acting as if this is Slegna's single chance at being able to contend for a belt or that he won't be rewarded for his numerous contributions to the fed both IC and OOC. For every door closed, a new one opens. And as I said. This has nothing to do with his history. It has everything to do with what's best for the entertainment of the show. And retconning something because it "isn't fair" is a stupid practice to have.

Let me put it into context you can appreciate, Bob. If the NFL retconned the Tuck Rule and essentially gave the Raiders that Playoff win against the Patriots, would you find that at all fair? And furthermore, who would that help in retrospect? Sleg has been a solid staple of this fed for a long time and this little feud with Moore and Dragos is getting him the recognition he deserves. It's building his character. It's forcing him to be great 24/7. Furthermore, why shouldn't Moore be rewarded for her efforts and diligence as well? She's been just as solid, consistent, and active (if not moreso) as Sleg has. Just in a shorter period of time.

Re-examine the situation and try to look at the bigger picture, guys. This isn't a big "fuck you, Sleg". It's giving more people a shot at establishing themselves. IF Sleg were to lose, I'm sure he'd be rewarded regardless.

That's just how shit works around here. Ask Abel. He got the Gold Card revoked. Without even actually losing it. Booking isn't a perfect science. It's a hard job trying to account for the fact that everyone has a ego and everyone wants to be the best at what they do.

It's a difficult task trying to keep everyone happy. But sometimes for the betterment of the fed, you're going to do something. Something that people may not like and something that people may downright even hate. But don't assume that it's to fuck someone over. Especially when a) we're all pretty much friends with one another and b) it isn't nearly political enough as this doesn't involve money.
Back to top Go down
RCA
Full Metal Champion
Full Metal Champion

Rep : 6

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Chris Austin
Championship: FMW C-4 Champion, FMW World Tag Team Champion

FMW OOC Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 12:45 am

iDeAndes wrote:
Ask Abel. He got the Gold Card revoked. Without even actually losing it. Booking isn't a perfect science.

Just want to say, he'd still have the Gold Card had I known he was coming back. I was told from Jaro that Abel said he was done, so I wrote it getting taken from him.

The Raiders were robbed as well.
Back to top Go down
iDeAndes

Wrestler Profile
Championship:

FMW OOC Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 12:48 am

But it was a decision that had to be made to keep the fed going. You're not always going to make decisions that people like. I don't like about 40 decisions people make on an individual basis. And I'm sure people aren't always going to like my ideas/decisions either. But they are with the intent of making the fed better.
Back to top Go down
Omega

Omega

Wrestler Profile

FMW OOC Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 12:57 am

This isn't any different than when I defended my title shot at 9.4, it's the same concept so just embrace it and make it work brah.
Back to top Go down
Jaro Classic
Admin
Jaro Classic

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Jaro
Championship: FMW Ultraviolent Championship

FMW OOC Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 1:29 am

WILL. YOU. PEOPLE. STOP. BITCHING.

Christian Moore PMed me and asked for a second chance to prove that he/she could beat Slegna in one on one competition. It was a very polite request and I appreciated the idea so I entertained it.

If Moore wins, he's in.

If Moore loses, he's not.

Slegna is in either way.

NOW SHUT UP.
Back to top Go down
https://fullmetalwrestling.forumotion.com
Alex O'Rion

Alex O'Rion

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Alex O'Rion
Championship: FMW World Tag Team Champion

FMW OOC Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 1:29 am

I'm not arguing that this makes sense in the bigger picture, just pointing out that the bigger picture doesn't always take into account that this is a game people do for fun, and they like to have their effort rewarded without having to worry about having what they have earned taken away from them.

Also I will apologize to Jaro if this sounds like bitching, it's just a point of view, I don't necessarily expect it to change booking decisions but I do feel obligated to say it.
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

FMW OOC Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 2:34 am

Jaro wrote:
WILL. YOU. PEOPLE. STOP. BITCHING.

Christian Moore PMed me and asked for a second chance to prove that he/she could beat Slegna in one on one competition. It was a very polite request and I appreciated the idea so I entertained it.

If Moore wins, he's in.

If Moore loses, he's not.

Slegna is in either way.

NOW SHUT UP.

Thanks for the clarification, Jaro. I talked it over with De as well, I was just more surprised than anything.
Back to top Go down
Cactus Sam

Cactus Sam

Rep : 0

FMW OOC Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 2:36 am

You all need to shut the fuck up. This will be the most epic angle FMW has EVER seen.

Slegna vs Christian Moore, it's a close match until Christian Moore slaps Slegna into a sharpshooter, senior FMW refree Burl Plebner calls the bell before Slegna even taps out! Christian Moore wins and runs out the ring safe in the knowledge he's going to the Gold Card Gauntlet. Jaro comes out and says the new infamous words, Jaro didn't screw Slegna, Slegna screwed Slegna! Slegna feeling let down leaves the fed all together.

Until...
11.4 the WHOLE locker room comes out and calls Jaro out and they warn they will all leave unless Slegna comes back and gets another chance at becoming number 1 contender. Jaro comes out and agrees, to become number 1 contender though he has to beat Skyler Striker AND the reigning FMC in a handicap match. Slegna agrees and through sheer willpower and numerous interference he becomes the NUMBER 1 CONTENDER.

We go to Ultimatum 3, the match is Tyrant vs Slegna for the championship, it's a close match but SLEGNA PULLS IT OFF! He goes to the corner and raises his FMC high into the sky whilst the whole crowd goes wild, confetti is falling from the ceiling and the whole locker room come out and hold him high in the sky, they place him down and Bobino comes out they hug in the centre of the ring. Bobino holds his hand high in the sky as Ultimatum 3 goes off the air.

Back to top Go down
Abel Steele
Head Writer
Head Writer
Abel Steele

Rep : 14

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Abel Steele
Championship:

FMW OOC Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 2:38 am

iDeAndes wrote:
But it was a decision that had to be made to keep the fed going. You're not always going to make decisions that people like. I don't like about 40 decisions people make on an individual basis. And I'm sure people aren't always going to like my ideas/decisions either. But they are with the intent of making the fed better.

Totally agree with De on this one. Was I a bit annoyed at losing the Gold Card, yep. But I talked it through with Jaro/RCA and me kicking up a stink and demanding it back doesn't help the fed as a whole so we found a solution and its working. Hell I think in the end it will end up far better for my storyline which I think had stagnated.

This is exactly what I was talking about before. Too much concern with who earned what and not enough with what makes the whole game we are playing make sense.

And Sam is funny no?
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

FMW OOC Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 2:39 am

Sam's angle is win. Lets run with that.
Back to top Go down
Christian Moorebyss

Christian Moorebyss

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Christian Moore
Championship:

FMW OOC Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 4:09 am

Sorry if I caused any friction with my request, I just thought it would be a good match to round off the whole Comeback Kids vs. Burning Insanity saga that's been going back and forth for a little while, and with the way the match ended at 11.2 I thought (In character) Christian would be seriously pissed with Slegna and want a chance to prove that he could beat him and have got into the GCG. There was nothing malice in my request and I had assumed all along that Slegna would still be in the GCG either way.

Hope that cleared it up from my end.
Back to top Go down
Kaoru

Kaoru

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Kaoru Hanayama
Championship:

FMW OOC Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 4:48 am

Incidentally, could you guys like...not call me Kaoru? It's generally off-putting because I'm not Japanese.

My real first name is weird-sounding (Russian), but most efed people call me Vito because it's relatively close.

So between Vito and Kaoru, I'd prefer Vito.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

FMW OOC Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: FMW OOC Thread   FMW OOC Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FMW OOC Thread
Page 1 of 34Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 17 ... 34  Next