Full Metal Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Full Metal Wrestling

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The "High School" Thread

Go down 
+2
Omega
The Celt
6 posters
AuthorMessage
The Celt

The Celt

Rep : 4

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Celtykins
Championship:

The "High School" Thread Empty
PostSubject: The "High School" Thread   The "High School" Thread I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 8:32 pm

So I'm watching this documentary called American Teen from 2008 right, and it's set in like Indiana or somewhere. Basically it follows a bunch of teens in their final year. I'm not through it all yet (stupid megavideo 72 minutes crap) but as off right now I'm kinda struck by how much the kids in it are like the stereotype that I always see on TV. I always assumed that was just a sort of simplified version that the media did because it was an easy narrative to follow, but this documentary is suggesting otherwise.

I mean, are American (or Canadian for that matter) high schools just like what's on TV? Are they really all filled with clear cut Jocks, Geeks, Bitchy Cheerleaders and all that stuff? I mean is that what really goes on?

This should be good thread to relate your High School/Last School before the Collage/University level experiences.

I mean, my last year* (well, the first time around Razz) was an absolute blast. There was about 60, 70 people in the year and really and truly we were all super friendly with each other. I think the pressure of the year just really made us turn to each other, damnit we had a great times. I mean it didn't matter if you were nerdy, or Jockish, or alternative, or mainstream or whatever; we all generally got along with each. Now I'm now saying every Secondary school in Ireland is like that, but I think in general we seem to get on 10x better than the American system that's suggested by the media. Could be the smaller population, could be the Irish disposition, who knows? Anyways it was really good times

*Footnote: I had to repeat my final year because I enjoyed too much actually. Spend the most of the time enjoying the company of friends than studying and it came back to kick me in the ass. Might have been for the best though, it kinda made me a better person in the end, gave me some character by having to go through some tough shit.

OK FMW; Now your High School or equivalent experiences
Back to top Go down
Omega

Omega

Rep : -122

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Seth Omega
Championship: Abandoned Championship

PostSubject: Re: The "High School" Thread   The "High School" Thread I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 8:43 pm

I spent my time not studying, wrestling, playing football, getting high, and getting laid.

That's about it.
Back to top Go down
Jet

Rep : 0

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar:
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The "High School" Thread   The "High School" Thread I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 8:48 pm

High school is great, half way through the last year of it.
Back to top Go down
Vincent Van Rose

Rep : 2

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Vincent Van Rose
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The "High School" Thread   The "High School" Thread I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 8:52 pm

I spent my time smoking weed, trying to be "anti-cool" and doing anything I could not to study. I still ended up forty second out of 200 kids in my class. I hung out with kids that were a year behind me in school because they all were my age so senior year was really a big whoop for me. I spent most of my time in the principal's office for being unruly and arguing with teachers. Public school may be like the TV shows, but I went to perochial or religious school and we were pretty strait laced and under the radar.
Back to top Go down
Slegna
Pokeleague Master
Pokeleague Master
Slegna

Rep : 11

PostSubject: Re: The "High School" Thread   The "High School" Thread I_icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 10:28 pm

I went to a private high school inside a business complex. As such, we didn't have athletics and we were all generally pretty friendly to each other. Sure, there were some of the nerdy types, the athletic types, and the "smoking pot around the corner" types, but for the most part we were all pretty normal. On the last day of school we had a barbecue in the parking lot, and skipped classes which was pretty radical. Couldn't skip my Advanced Physics class, we had a final on the last day of school. Which was epic lame.

I did go to prom when I was 13 though, that was pretty badass.
Back to top Go down
The Celt

The Celt

Rep : 4

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Celtykins
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The "High School" Thread   The "High School" Thread I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 5:26 pm

Slegna wrote:
I did go to prom when I was 13 though, that was pretty badass.

Once again the mystery of why Slegna isn't a Dr. David Diabolical type evil genius continues to strike
Back to top Go down
The Dude

The Dude

Rep : 0

Wrestler Profile
FMW Superstar: Trey Spruance
Championship:

PostSubject: Re: The "High School" Thread   The "High School" Thread I_icon_minitimeSun May 09, 2010 5:53 pm

I liked high school better than a lot of periods of my life, I regret getting high so much now though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The "High School" Thread   The "High School" Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The "High School" Thread
Page 1 of 1